Dark & Sp00ky/Industrial music

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jotun

RAR!
Sep 30, 2000
RAR!
Strapping Young Lad (or anything involving Devin Townsend)

as far as dark and spooky check out:

My Dying Bride (very slow melodic doomy metal), I suggest the song Edenbeast

Jotun

RAR!
Sep 30, 2000
RAR!
oh and how could I forget Opeth! Real doomy type of metal with clean and death metal vocals. Check out any song off the Blackwater Park album or the song Under the Weeping Moon

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
:rolleyes:
In ABC order even. Taken off my damn site...Let's see...darkwave...goth...

In addition to a few of the recommendations above...

Attrition, Collide, Concrete Blonde (Bloodletting), cruxshadows, Delerium, Depeche Mode, BeBorn Beton, DeVision, Evil's Toy, (New) Gary Numan, Haujobb, Hyperdex 1 Sect, Peter Murphy, Souxie and the Banshees, Tapping the Vein (<--Definitely recommended!), Type-O-Negative, The Sisters of Mercy, VNV Nation, Waiting For God...

Need more? I've got an entire prosleeve case dedicated to the genre.

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
what CHRYSt said, he knows a fair bit bout the genre, on top of hs reccomendations:

sneaky bat machine, now called goteki
cyberaktif
die form
spf1000
mechanical carberet
squid
katscan
wumpscut

hope that helps, these r all pretty good industrial artists, sum1 mentioned NIN, their most industrial albums r pretty hate machine and the fragile, broken and the downward spiral have a lot of guitars in and r less industrial. for the absolute real authentic hardcorecheck out the band einsturzende neubauten, u prolly wont like em though :hmm:

bands mentioned which r not industrial:

my dying bride
opeth
lacuna coil
moonspell
jack off jill
diamanda galas
fields of the nepihlim

those bands i just mentioned i DO like, a LOT, but they aint really industrial at all :hmm:

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
In ABC order even. Taken off my damn site...
Almost alphabetical order, hehe. I hope you're not inferring what I think you are!

Actually taken from a quick peek in my ageing vinyl collection. I must say I was the biggest Christian Death fan alive many many years ago, but nowadays the only band from that abridged list I still listen to regularly is Dead Can Dance, but I would still recommend them all without hesitation.

Fomhoire

Internet Addict
Dec 24, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
I got to see The Shroud at Club Fred in Fresno when I lived there, and where The Shroud resides.

The singer is a hot goth babe fer sure.

Originally posted by larrystorch
The Shroud
Jack-off Jill
Inccubus/Succubus
early Switchblade Symphony
Mephisto Waltz
This Accension

That's just off the top of my head

larrystorch

Jul 16, 2001
The Right Coast
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by CHRYSt
Tapping the Vein (<--Definitely recommended!)

Saw them open for Sisters & Swtichblade a few years ago. They're worth looking into.

The only thing with Christian Death is to make sure you get stuff with Rozz Williams in it. He started the band but then another member of the band carried on the name. Rozz started it back up later.

Shadow Project is another one you might give a try. More of a metal influence to them

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
The only thing with Christian Death is to make sure you get stuff with Rozz Williams in it.
I'd agree with that to a point. The stuff with Rozz (even when you could see his influence on their direction was becoming less and less, ie Catastrophe Ballet and Ashes) was arguably their best and most consistent era, but some of the stuff they produced when Valor Kand 'took over' and Gitane was still in the band (The Scriptures, Atrocities and Sex & Drugs & Jesus Christ ) were definitely some of their best moments IMHO. The latter two of those three are among my all time favourite albums.

The stuff Valor has produced in the last 10 years has been mostly embarrassing and laughable rubbish however.

Jotun

RAR!
Sep 30, 2000
RAR!
he said he wanted doomy stuff and I dont listen to industrial much if at all. The clostest thing to industrial I listen to is Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad

Fomhoire

Internet Addict
Dec 24, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
It was time for me to go home when I made that last post.

A couple of pages for The Shroud.
http://www.theshroud.com/biography.shtml
http://www.psnw.com/~shroud/ with pictures of the singer at
http://www.psnw.com/~shroud/graphicspage/lydiaphoto/frame.html

If you like Depeche Mode, sample KQdelirium. "The Awakening" is my favourite track here.
http://mp3.com/KQdelirium

My two favourite Northern California bands:
LUXT Unfortunately Luxt didn't put their best on mp3.com (unless you are a hardcore Metalhead), but "Nerve" is good. Not all their music is Industrial Metal, some of it it kinda gothy/industrial.

Primal Engine Kind of reminds me of NIN sometimes

Sanctum Nocturna's "Comatose" is popular among the local goths here.

N-vitro is also VERY popular here.
http://mp3.com/Nvitro
My favourite by them is V1.0

A few more to sample:

Nomenklatur .

KULTUR

Devastation

Unsound Methods

I have some of these in my winmx shared folder, so do a search on WinMX.