Patch 1.3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
I don't have it and I'm wondering how is it coming. Of course I don't even ask the release date, but how about the changelist?
The only one I have is http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=11849

Can anybody confirm if the most important fixes have been done?
Or if (finger crossed) something else have been added?

I'm really keen to see improvement in bot AI, as I cannot play online at the moment.
Are the bots attacking the core like a human player would?
(I can't understand what's the problem in setting an higher priority to attacking the core - bots treat it like a powernode and when they are in the enemy base -torlan- they engage the enemies leaving the core alone)

Are the bots able to use the Scavenger properly?
(for example getting into the narrow buildings with it - floodgate primary node)

And are they using the link gun secondary (this was in the fix list)?

Can they prepare a load with the bio secondary and go around with it charged like human players do?

Is really the BP1 not fixed?

Is the UI saving settings (and how about the difficult level of bots that is different when you expand the menu) ?

Is there an option to reduce that excessive bloom ?

Need an update :p

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Last post does not make sense... haxxors! Account hi-jacking! lulz!

Lol :D

As for those particular fixes i'm not sure. Yes they use the link gun secondary but it seems strange to me. It kind of arcs around and locks onto the player meaning it's very unlikely you will survive a close range battle with the link (godlike bot). The UI doesnt save anything as of beta 3.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
there was always an option to eliminate bloom. through the ini.

As far as I know there's only to eliminate it completely together with the blur, putting false in DepthofField.

But with 0 bloom does not look so good in some maps, some of them needs it...so I was asking if they will implement an option to change the amount of bloom, like with a slidebar/drop down menu.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
As far as I know there's only to eliminate it completely together with the blur, putting false in DepthofField.

But with 0 bloom does not look so good in some maps, some of them needs it...so I was asking if they will implement an option to change the amount of bloom, like with a slidebar/drop down menu.
...that's already there... muted, normal, vivid, intense? :con:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The AI improvements are not really appealing.
The improve AI on Hoverboard thingy, was already corrected in older patches.

Would be nice to have a radical change for those AI's. I'm just saying.
Also, I didn't knew you could actually deploy a SPMA over a manta or Raptor.

UT2004 04' anyone? :con:

Last edited:

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
AFAIK that doesn't control the amount of depth of field, only the stuff like colors/brightness/contrast.
And bloom, which is how much a bright object glows. This is what he asked...

What Depth of Field is -- is the tendency for objects to grow out of focus depending on distance and what you're focusing on. This is a result of aperture... how wide the hole in your eye is, basically.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
And bloom, which is how much a bright object glows. This is what he asked...

What Depth of Field is -- is the tendency for objects to grow out of focus depending on distance and what you're focusing on. This is a result of aperture... how wide the hole in your eye is, basically.

According to a UT3 tweak guide, changing the Depth Of Field affects even the Bloom and the Blur, for no apparent reason.
I didn't have the chance to try a lot of alternative tweaking myself, so I was asking if there's a way to reduce bloom (not eliminate it completely) without affecting the Depth of Field. According to that guide there is not, as changing the Bloom to False will be ineffective.

Guide I'm talking about it's in tweakguides.com