[UT2003] Jumping anytime in (mid-)air?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SharQueDo

Ph34r me!
Dec 22, 2003
The Netherlands
localhost
Maybe I'm implenting it in a complete mod. Just wondering how to do it. And what's the difference between Pawn and xPawn? Which one's DoJump() should be modified? And what would I want to modify?

porkmanii

Sep 9, 2004
Australia, Qld
You would want to sub-class xPawn, as that is used for all the official UT2004 game-types (it also contains the multi-jump code). Here's the relevant line of code (in xPawn.DoJump):
Code:
if ( !bUpdating && CanDoubleJump()&& [b](Abs(Velocity.Z) < 100)[/b] && IsLocallyControlled() )
Removing the bit in bold would probably achieve the effect you are after.

porkmanii

Sep 9, 2004
Australia, Qld
SharQueDo said:
How can I implent it within a mutator? Modifypawn or something?
ModifyPlayer let's you modify the Pawn, after it is spawned, so no, you couldn't use it to change the player's Pawn class.

Within a mutator?
SharQueDo said:
Maybe I'm implenting it in a complete mod. Just wondering how to do it. And what's the difference between Pawn and xPawn? Which one's DoJump() should be modified? And what would I want to modify?
..or maybe you aren't implementing it in a complete mod (I suspect you aren't).

To answer the question, all of the stock UT2004 game-types use xPawn. If you were to make a custom Pawn class, you should sub-class whatever Pawn class is used by the game-type your custom Pawn is intended for. Be careful about changing the pawn class if it is not xPawn, however, because game-types such as Mutant use custom pawn classes which are essential to the game (such as xMutantPawn, which is used by the player who is the mutant).

You could probably change a player's Pawn class in Mutator.PlayerChangedClass, but...
[SAS]Solid Snake said:
You do not want to use a custom pawn in a mutator.

Edit- turns out xMutantPawn is used by all players in a Mutant game, whether they are the Mutant or not. If you wanted, you could make a sub-class of xMutantPawn specifically for always allowing double jumps (regardless of velocity) in the Mutant game-type.

Last edited: