Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
So this makes me feel stupid for not seeing this earlier, but go into Options -> Gameplay -> Elective mode.

Allows you to select what ability goes into what slot. It also allows you to use more than one skill from any one category. So you could put 4 defensive skills into your action bar if you wanted.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
So this makes me feel stupid for not seeing this earlier, but go into Options -> Gameplay -> Elective mode.

Allows you to select what ability goes into what slot. It also allows you to use more than one skill from any one category. So you could put 4 defensive skills into your action bar if you wanted.

Been using this from day 1 :p

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
So here's the problem with the story:

The bad guys won't shut up. This game does a great job of building up a ton of suspense. At first you just can't wait to take on the main bad guys. Then they start opening their mouths. Your hero says it best when he says to Belial "yeah yeah nobody bought your stupid crap, we all knew it was you all along". Asmodan is the worst. At first I'm all pumped. Epic battlefield fighting against the armies of hell! So I destroy his army that is attacking the keep and he says "hah no matter my siege weapons will destroy you!". So then I go and destroy all his catapults and he says "well you'll never get into hell". So we destroy the gates of hell. By the time you get to the actual boss fight it's like "ok fatty let's just get this over with!" It's the same thing once you get up to heaven. They have this epic cinematic to get you all pumped about defending Heaven from the Prime Evil. Then you find out that all the Angels are easily discouraged pussies.

Zultan Krulle was right all along. We'd be better off without any of them. It's not that the angels can be just as evil as the demons, it's that both groups are a bunch of incompetent pussies! I should have taken Zultan's offer and joined him. We would have easily dispatched all the Lords of Hell, and the Angels. Afterwords I would turn on Zultan since he was pathetically easy to destroy as well. I would then stand supreme as the sole ruler of Heaven, Hell, and Sanctuary!!!

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So here's the problem with the story:

The bad guys won't shut up.

Can't fucking agree more.

EnemyDemon#4234: You will die and suffer! Threat #18949785
Player: .
*EnemyDemon#4234 was slain.*
Rinse repeat.

Cydaea is the most laughable boss in this game.

By the way, I've been looking into it without really any pertinent information, but is there any purposes for going Hardcore? I read NPC characters won't call you nephalem anymore since you are mortal, but that's it? There has to be some kind of Risk = Reward going on.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
By the way, I've been looking into it without really any pertinent information, but is there any purposes for going Hardcore? I read NPC characters won't call you nephalem anymore since you are mortal, but that's it? There has to be some kind of Risk = Reward going on.

e-Peen / challenge mostly due to perma-death. Diablo II gave hardcore characters special titles when they beat the game on each difficulty level.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Can't fucking agree more.

EnemyDemon#4234: You will die and suffer! Threat #18949785
Player: .
*EnemyDemon#4234 was slain.*
Rinse repeat.

Cydaea is the most laughable boss in this game.

This comes back to the disappointment bit. At first I was like "oh you can do whatever you want to me". Then it turns out that she's just another ugly bitch ass spider. I already killed plenty of these, and I wasn't impressed with them either.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I agree. In Diablo II, you only hear from the bad guys when you fight them, like Diablo says "Not even death can save you from me", or something like that. That's a great line, and really all that is needed. They put the stories in the cinematics. The NPCs might have some things to say, but the demon won't have a dialogue with you, or talk to you while you fight his servants. Sure, it could be the gimmick of one single boss, kind of like Baal who laughes at you as you approach him in the Worldstone Keep, if you stand still for a bit. But when every boss does it, even the small ones, it gets boring, and you'd rather just have music play.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Managed to get to Act 2 on Hell difficulty now, but I'm running headlong into a wall of kiting elite enemies for 5+ minutes to kill them. I need me some better gear.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Get on the auction house man. I got lucky and found a stupidly good crossbow in act I, but on the AH you can basically gear up to become a god. Just put a maximum on each piece. No reason to use more than 70k-80k on any piece.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I've been avoiding buying OP gear from the auction house, except for gems (they are cheaper to buy there than craft yourself). Only times I've bought gear from the AH was because a specific piece of mine was under levelled. For example I was still using level 23 gloves at level 45 or so, and I wasn't finding many from drops... so, AH.

I want to do a mostly legit play-through to 60 :p

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I've been avoiding buying OP gear from the auction house, except for gems (they are cheaper to buy there than craft yourself). Only times I've bought gear from the AH was because a specific piece of mine was under levelled. For example I was still using level 23 gloves at level 45 or so, and I wasn't finding many from drops... so, AH.

I want to do a mostly legit play-through to 60 :p

I've been forced into this due to the lack of good weapon drops for the witch dr. Found myself still using a 85 socketed weap @ lvl 52...