Most Frustrating Things in Bulletstorm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Lets list all the most frustrating things with this PC game. It will allow us to vent and also hopefully get PCF to fix things.

1) You can't text chat in Anarchy in this PC-centric game
2) There is no server browser. You can only start a great private game or do quick match and join a game with a terrible connection and complete dopes who have to play wave 3 ten times before they can get high enough scores.
3) There is no way to view the achievement list in-game (without a third party tool).
4) The INI files are encrypted.
5) The console cannot be enabled
6) There is no editor to make custom Anarchy levels
7) There is no way to replay the campaign with the skillshots you already nabbed shown as complete in the skillshot list (would REALLY help with getting Golden Idol achievement).
8) You can't jump (I know this will never change)
9) Dopes in Anarchy have no idea how to do Team Challenges.

Post more?

p3rplex3d

Elephant Rider
Aug 19, 2009
Lets list all the most frustrating things with this PC game. It will allow us to vent and also hopefully get PCF to fix things.

Amen. I agree with all of this.

I would be happy with just a server browser AND a favorites menu at least.

also:

10) too many clicks to get to multiplayer

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Good one, plus it takes like 30 seconds or more for the menu to open the multiplayer page. What can seriously be going on there that takes so long?

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
#7 is my biggest pet peeve of the game! I am at 75% of all skillshots, and I went to go back and get some and guess what. All the ones I 'unlocked' are locked.

Nice one. :doh:

Eh?

I played Echoes after completing the campaign, and they keep unlocking if you pull them off there too. The one's you've completed have a light blue box around them, regardless if they are available in that specific level (or with weapons you don't have equipped).

They don't re-lock if you start a new campaign or level.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Not "re-locking" they should just show as unlocked in the skillshot menu so you can keep working on them in subsequent plays of the campaign instead of starting over from scratch.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
6.5) There's no level editor.

And the lack of interest from the community is even more irritating me.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
12)Takes no effort to get three stars in every Echo map.
15)Anarchy Solo should be selected outside of MP
16)Certain skins (PMC, Leash, etc) should be selected outside of MP
18)GFWL should GTFO but that's so obvious, you still reading it though
-2)Apparently if you have a crappy rig which lags the game, LBM and RBM will stay forever on screen if big slowdowns happen when you're climbing something. It won't be removed unless you finish a climbing section without lag or reset the game.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Good one, plus it takes like 30 seconds or more for the menu to open the multiplayer page. What can seriously be going on there that takes so long?

fp5ez8.jpg

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site

1) You can't text chat in Anarchy in this PC-centric game
2) There is no server browser. You can only start a great private game or do quick match and join a game with a terrible connection and complete dopes who have to play wave 3 ten times before they can get high enough scores.
3) There is no way to view the achievement list in-game (without a third party tool).
4) The INI files are encrypted.
5) The console cannot be enabled
6) There is no editor to make custom Anarchy levels
7) There is no way to replay the campaign with the skillshots you already nabbed shown as complete in the skillshot list (would REALLY help with getting Golden Idol achievement).
8) You can't jump (I know this will never change)
9) Dopes in Anarchy have no idea how to do Team Challenges.

Post more?

You 've listed a lot of "features" that "consolize" a PC game. The moment you 'll understand that Bulletstorm PC is a console port you 'll feel no frustration anymore.

The best you can expect is more of 10$-DLC's with some maps and skins cause post-2007-Epic-mama cares only about easy profit and no real support.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Do you remember the stupid map that loads in UT3's menu and once it was gone, the menu would load instantaneously? It may be something like that.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Still not as slow as the UT3 menu was.
BS menu is only slow in the MP section, rest loads finely for me.

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
ZOMG the Pc master race isn't the center of the universe!

1. The detection on when I can hop over things.
2. AIs getting stuck and non-progging me.
3. AIs getting in my g**-dam*ed way and / or taking my kills.
4. Kick sometimes deciding for itself where I meant that guy to go.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I have never seen so much BAAWWWing about a single game. Seriously, what a bunch of... of... NEGATIVE NANNIES.

Last edited: