What to call UTJB?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What should we call the mod?

• UTJB

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • UT Jailbreak

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • UT Jail Break

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • UT JailBreak

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daikiki

Mar 6, 2001
www.daikiki.com
Okay, need some expert advice, but since that's not available I guess I'll just have to ask you guys. Over the last few days, our development forum has gotten rather sordid as a result of a difference of opinion on the name of our mod. One group, we'll call them the red team, seems to think that Jail Break is two words and that all who oppose them will be crushed under their mighty heel, while another, we'll call them the blue team, is of the opinion that Jailbreak is, in fact, a single word and that all who disagree should have their heads checked, after having been forcibly removed and fed to SnowDog's pet. A third party, that will remain colorless is of the opinion that, although it's a single word, It looks better with a captial 'B', as in JailBreak. Your opinion would be most welcome.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
UTJB
but so many games uses initials: INF, TO, SF, U4E, UTWF, NE, TTR, SAS, P19 etc it's getting a little unoriginal

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I suggested on IRC that it be called 'Carnival of the Vegetables'.
I think it was well-received. :D

seriously, I think UTJB is n00b-unfriendly. It's fine to use that as a shorthand, in the same way that one writes "TO" for "TacticalOps", or "INF" for "bunch of gun-loving trigger-happy l00ns". :p

I'm happy with JailBreak of Jailbreak.
My big dictionary has the word 'jailbreak' -- one word, so 'Jailbreak' is the most correct, but 'JailBreak' may be preferable for readability & for effect.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Call it UT JailBreak and people will still call it UTJB. :)

JailBreak looks more like the way most people write UnrealTournament. It looks more like a proper name than two seperate words. It looks stronger than the single word "Jailbreak".

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com