latest Nvidia drivers and old UT games?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, so it looks like I might be getting Rage soon and I haven't upgraded my video drivers in a couple years. Anyone know if Unreal/UT/UT2003/UT2004/UT3/Doom3/Q3/Q4/Painkiller all work fine in WinXP with the latest Nvidia drivers?

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
UT should run just fine with modern cards if you're using enhanced OpenGL renderer.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
yep

Most likely I won't get it until Christmas, so it should be fixed or totally f-ed by then.;)

It was the original UT I was most worried about, so it looks like I'll be in the clear there and I'm guessing the others should be OK. What about Unreal?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Getting ready to upgrade my Nvidia drivers finally because I have to now as the other thread states. Are there any recent WHQL Nvidia drivers (332.21 through 295.73) that anyone knows of to stay away from because it screws up any of the UT series games, Doom3, Quake4, Quake3, Painkiller, World of Tanks, GRiD or Rage?

I do have enhanced OpenGL and S3TC installed for the original UT, so I'm set there. Thank you.:)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
crossing fingers and toes, UT3 works for now

OK, I updated antispyware programs (etc.), windows updates, defrag and backup, then cleaned the video card and other connections and reseated the card and UT3 works now, so I'll proceed with those reviews as long as I can.:) I'm holding off on driver updates until I decide to finally try Rage or I get lockups again in any UT series game.