Problems with the old UT2004.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nov 2, 2010
Hi there. I found my old UT2004 pc game and didn't resist to install it. Well, after the 5-disk installation, the appalling surprise: it doesn't work. when I double click on the shortcut, my computer does nothing. The same if I run it from the cd, or the prompt. the mouse becomes hourglass, shows that something is loading, and then nothing, the game doesn't start.
I downloaded the 3369 version patch too, but it goes on not to work.
I have Vista with 2 gb RAM, CPU 1,73GHz, 16x dvd reader and 8 free Gb on the hard disk; to work, UT requires 128 mb RAM, CPU 1GHz, 8x dvd reader and 5 free Gb on the Hard disk.

well, why it doesn't even open? :( The installation was correct and the patch too... someone knows what should I do?

p.s. i apologize for bad english, i'm italian.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Here's a couple ideas and you could also try a google search for UT2004 and Vista problems.

"Right click on the icon or the .exe file, go to properties, and set the compatibility mode to Windows XP.
You might have to re-install by setting the compatibility mode of the installation program to Windows XP also."

"You might try setting the "start in" field to the UT2004 directory."

Besides that, it could just be a driver issue of some sort.

nawrot

Jan 23, 2008
I installed UT2004 recently on 3 computers, I have no problems at all.

First one is you may say generic ut2004 system, winxp ati9700
Second Win7 x64 with 2 years old ati 45xx or something like that
Third brand new one with Win7 x64 and nvidia

So maybe it is your drivers.

Btw. ut2004 works great with nvidia3d, even better than ut3 and udk (bloom and emmisive stuff looks bad).

Big Hairy Bugger

Dec 14, 2010
UT3 installed fine on my Win7 (64 bit) pc.
Program Files (x86) can be finniky though, Brothers in Arms 'Hell's Highway' won't install, for some reason!
I have had to use my old AMD 3.0ghz (2Gb RAM,Nvidia 6800,XP) for older games game-playing STILL!! even though it's only Directx 9.0..... Microsoft should understand we gamers use old games as well as 'Games for Windows' games..on our new systems.

Rig: Acer i5 3.2 ghz (Dual-core running on a Quad-core 'ghostcore' system) 6Gb RAM and Windows 7 (64) a factory Nvidia 315 HDMI/3D capapble graphics card.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Don't install the game to a path containing spaces, you will have much less problems. C:\UT2004 would be a good place. Such a path also prevents problems with Win7 denying or redirecting write access in certain cases.