Ginger Snaps - kickass horror movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
From your description of the movie, I don't know how it could be a horror movie. :p

I'll go check the site anyways. ;)

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Rented the DVD like a month ago. Thought it suxed beyond belief.

Speaking of horror movies, everyone must go rent Jeepers Creepers. I dunno why this movie was never talked about or anything, but it is f<b></b>ucking incredible. First "scary" movie that has givin me that "eerie feeling" in like 10 or 15 years. Only certain things can give me that feeling so I highly suggest picking it up. IMHO, Jeepers Creepers could become a cult classic. It's just so well done, extremely well developed yet a simple backdrop (brother and sister traveling home on a seemingly desolate country road), great acting (extremely surprising, they're both done by relative newcomers to acting, Gina Philips and Justin Long) a brother/sister relationship complete with accurate sibling play fighting without being meretricious, fear/adrenaline-inducing situations, incredible directing and writing (both done by the guy who directed Powder), sweet artwork/makeup designs, etc.

Once again, stay away from Ginger Snaps, I literally feel asleep half way through...

EDIT: 'Dog, it was just boring, what can I say? Go rent Jeepers Creepers and tell me which movie you thought was more boring.

Last edited:

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
no, listen to balli on this one...hes quite right...and take it from me I know my movie shit after working at blockbuster for so long.

jeepers was 100X better than ginger snaps...I could barely get through that movie..jeepers was pretty good.

but if you wanna rent a good gruesome flick rent the way of the gun...it has benicio del torro init...what else do you need to know? :)

best shoot out scenes ive ever witnessed...except for maybe heat...the bank had a great scene too

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
I thought the trailer is what made it look good, personally.

Way of the Gun is f<b></b>uckin sweet, but it's not horror, bro.

I think Ima go watch Jeepers Creepers one last time before I have to start paying fines.
crazy.gif

MJACK

Mar 14, 2000
Lexington, MA, USA
Visit site
mer·e·tri·cious (mr-trshs)
adj.

Attracting attention in a vulgar manner: meretricious ornamentation. See Synonyms at gaudy1.
Plausible but false or insincere; specious: a meretricious argument.

There's the definition for anyone elese who had no clue that was even a goddamned word.

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
Odd, I just rented Dogma too. It was pretty good, surprisingly good performances out of Affleck and Damon.

I thought Way of the Gun was a f<b></b>ucking SNORE. God that movie was awful once you get past the "wow, guns" thing.

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
Dogma was hilarious. If you liked clerks and like dogma, try mallrats.

Kevin smith may not be the best director, but he knows comedy.