I'd like all of you to take a moment and read this.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
First off,I cleared this with QAPete in mIRC today.
Second,please refrain from flaming this....please.

Anyway,Surebrec asked me to post a letter he wrote to all of you.I think he's a good kid,who just having a bad moment in life...anyway,here goes.

To my friends at BuF:

First off, I want to say that I have missed everyone on BuF. BuF used to be a huge chunk of my life, but I learned to live without it. During my time away, I feel that I have, and am still continuing, to recover from depression. In fact, it was last night that I had an epiphany of sorts, and realized that hurting people just isn't cool, which started me down a path of not thinking about it anymore. If you know what I was banned for, it relates directly to my epiphany.

Much of my depression was caused because I thought I was rejected in life, and nobody liked me. I would think that all people wanted to do was cause me pain, and I hated myself for it all. I thought about suicide and homicide daily. Today, I am feeling a whole lot better of myself. I am starting to get more friends at school. I don't think about death, to me or others, a whole lot anymore.

This is, in no way, a message begging for my return. I feel that I am not completely recovered yet. However, when I do, I would like to return to BuF. This message is just to let those that I cared about know how I'm doing. Thanks.
Surebrec

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Well it's too bad it took something like being banned to finally wake him up, but if he is changing, hell, I'm all for a return.

:tup:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I talked to him yesterday on mIRC and he seems to have really changed. I was talking about this earlier and made a post about this a while back that if he changed then we should let him back. I am all for letting him return now. :)

/me throws a :) in the hat

but anywho its up to the admins not us. But I really hope the admins let him back in.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm really glad to hear that he is doing better. We were all really worried about the guy, and from the message he sends, it sounds as if he has made a few steps forward.

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
Everyone has their breaking points in their life where they go completely berserk...

But it's good to hear Surebrec recovered quite well. :)

You know what some people do sometimes as result of severe problems... so I must commend on Surebrec trying to be good person despite the problems. :)

That's the spirit! :tup:

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
What'd he get kicked out for?
I talked to him once, and I saw him around...
But he didn't seem mean or evil to me.

As for the suicide junk, a month ago I was thinking about it daily, and I tried some hemlock (awful stuff)... and the homicide? Well, I could take anyone at my school, so I didn't have a problem there... but then I figgered out:
Life is worth living. 'Nuff said.

^toss^ :)