Jailbreak 2004c: Bug fixes we've got already, so what about features?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Mychaeel said:
  • Jail Fights Add-On -- there's even an unfinished version lying around somewhere, I think, so either someone could finish it, or it could be created from scratch. The idea is that jail-fighting players get awards for several kills in a row -- stuff that's fun like weapons, for example.
WiP ;)

Last edited:

DYN@MITE

Volley-Fire
May 28, 2004
Belgium
I've got an idea for some impossible overtime matches. Can't you make something that spawns everybody back in the game, (jails are empty then), and then the announcement "this is your last life prisoner, make it count" when you then die you go back in the jail BUT the button will be jammed so nobody can release anymore, that way you'll have a team last man standing that will result into faster ending the game.

Sounds like fun in my head, but then again, in my head i'm unbeatable :lol: :D

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Definately - Last man standing overtime :) Still, puts those high-pingers at a disadvantage because they have to actually kill someone instead of winning by releasing *cough* ;)

I like the idea though.

TK v3

He Who Sucks Righteously At Mapping
Feb 16, 2003
South-East England
Visit site
TheSpoonDog said:
Definately - Last man standing overtime :) Still, puts those high-pingers at a disadvantage because they have to actually kill someone instead of winning by releasing *cough* ;)

I like the idea though.

Who said that only HPBs camp?

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
DYN@MITE said:
when you then die you go back in the jail BUT the button will be jammed so nobody can release anymore, that way you'll have a team last man standing that will result into faster ending the game.

You know, I'm sure we came up with that idea for overtime (can't find it, might be on the old forum).
Did we never implement it?
At any rate, it's still a good idea -- reduces excessive overtime. :tup:

mrloper

Jul 11, 2003
Holland
I thnink the shieldgun fight ability with bots in jail is pretty anoying. it is much more fun against human oponents only, it is even more anoying with alt escape's wich requires the shield gun.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
mrloper said:
I thnink the shieldgun fight ability with bots in jail is pretty anoying. it is much more fun against human oponents only, it is even more anoying with alt escape's wich requires the shield gun.
Hmm, a difficult one. I somethimes think it's anyoying, but also sometimes think it's quite fun.
Maybe an idea ... how about you have to "wake up" the bot first?
What I mean is: if you hit a bot with a shieldgun for the first time, it won't harm him, but he will get out his shieldgun to get ready for a jailfight.

mrloper

Jul 11, 2003
Holland
CoolDude said:
Maybe an idea ... how about you have to "wake up" the bot first?
What I mean is: if you hit a bot with a shieldgun for the first time, it won't harm him, but he will get out his shieldgun to get ready for a jailfight.

hmm, sounds good. at least they will not attempt 2 disturbe an escape attempt