New UT server - need players!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yeah, he must have voted for that map earlier and finally got it.

O.K. after counting Agio twice and adding Amon and BloodAndIron, I now have 38 out of 52 maps. Will try to start voting for maps I haven't played on your server yet, though. Just going through quickly, it seems I've played 15 out of the 38 I have so far. Wait, make that 16! Should be online tonight sometime between 9-11:30pm! See Ya!

SkaarjMaster

P.S. - may try mapping when Unreal 2 comes out!

loserkid

get warmer
Sep 18, 2000
Lethbridge, AB
Visit site
Originally posted by SkaarjMaster
Yeah, it's getting more popular. Just got off (the server); I need to get to bed before midnight some night this week. Played against birdhouse, I think we are about the same skill, but maybe I was killing more bots or I knew the maps better or something. Also, 3-4 other players (mr. scary is probably still on).

I miss accussed someone of voting 3 times for a map, then apologized. I got to quit jumping to conclusions like that. I used to not say a thing; maybe I should go back to doing that, NOT!

Anyway, is there a way to have someone vote only once?

SkaarjMaster

Bah I whooped yer arse the second game Skaarj :p Yes it was only by a few points but I still won ;D. I even had about 700 ping near the end...

Good server though, just the last few minutes were really laggy... I was pinging normally (200-300) the rest of the time though. BloodyBlocks is a fun map without instagib, I never though i'd see that many rockets in one map.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Dude, I never said I won all the maps, I just said we were about the same skill according to what I saw last night, that's all. If people are going to start complaining about not getting credit for "kicking arse" and compensating for bruised egos, then UT starts to get less fun doesn't it.

700 ping? How did that happen? I was playing at some point last night and the secondary enforcer wouldn't work for a few seconds; not sure what that was all about.

Anyway, since you dodge and strafe a lot more than I do, you may very well be better than me. Time will tell on this server!

SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yeh, that's cool. I'm not to privy to some of the symbolism in this forum. Just never investigated some of it. Anyway, just figured out what l66t meant the other day. Did you know that it takes a while to find this out in the forums? Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

SkaarjMaster

XinderbocK

Sep 27, 2001
Los, California
Visit site
when it comes to custom maps my friend ppl like them as long as u dont need a 56k just to d/l the maps size
im talkin about over 3 megs. or if u do have that.. at least have fast D/L server. I am sure your server is the bomb and all that but with 56ers running around, u cant have big maps these days, show sum respect .. LONG LIVE 56K, hopefully my I will remember this when my DSL is set up

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Heya Geff,

The server is running mapvote so you can vote for maps
that are small, or maps you know you have allready so
you dont have to download anything.

Downloads are now being redirected from a fast server, a
full t1 with 50gigs transfer so that should not be a problem
for now....

I have tested the speed and I can get a 2mb map in under 15
seconds, thats gotta be fast enough...

There is a lot of small maps available on the server, many are
around 250kb or so...

Im also staying away from voice/skin packs, they are cool and
all that, but to big - I played a server a couple of days ago and
it was like 40mb before I could even play the map, yikes....

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Did you take your forums down? Oh, well. Do you have a lot of European gamers playing your server?

The lag was pretty bad tonight. I think it said 700-800 next to my name at the end of a game and 300+ at the UT server info. before I double-clicked on your server. Any idea why? It seems the servers over here are pretty laggy also.

Also, what's the deal with some servers not having the Skaarj skins from the Bonus Pack. You would think by now all servers would at least have available all stuff from all 4 bonus packs (at least from BP 1). Also, I ran across a CTF server that only has the red team activated; that is really bizarre! See Ya!

SkaarjMaster (aka Someone Else)

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Heya Skarj,

Yeah, I took my forum down - for some reason the lag has
been pretty bad at nighttime over here the last couple of
days, so I took the forum of to see if the webserver was
causing it - many sites are running slow for me, dunno why but
when it happens it useually lasts about 15-20 min and then clears
up again - the buf forums has also been running very slow for
me the last day or so, maybe a backbone is down somewhere
or something, and I also have alot of wierd entry's in my ut
server logs, looks like something is hitting my ip alot...

The euro players (Judging from the 80ish pings) are mostly on
around 16:00 or so Danish time...

About the skarj skins I dunno, maybe its the same problem I
have with the xan markII skins, if I put them on the bots
they will be invisible, same thing happens if a player uses it so I
dont have it on...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Never knew Hall of Legends had the accessible upper part except for the stairs/ramp up in that one part. I'll have to practice that boot and xloc to get up in the middle section.

About the Skaarj skins: I see them fine on your server; I was just talking about the other servers that don't have them.

So, you just added UrbanHotZone since Wed. night? Didn't get a chance to completely go down list and your web site was down after we finished tonight.

SkaarjMaster

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Yeah I added urbanhotzone, I have come to realy like the
urban type maps because they are so huge and dark.

Its a completely different way to play, huge map, nighttime,
with lots of dark corners and hiding places - you walk around
trying to find somebody, then after a while, you start to get a
little relaxed because you didnt find anybody, and then - WHAM
out of nowhere somebody will ambush you - always scares the
crap out of me hehehe, very cool :D

Try 'dm-zeitkind_pro_repack.zip' from NaliCity when you get the
chance - it is so awesome, this has to be the most impressive
map I have ever played...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Is your web site down that lists the maps? I played last night, then tried to check for added maps (missed the map vote list during game play) and my link to your web site didn't work. Last I checked there and on these forums the last map you added was UrbanHotZone for a total of 53 maps. Is this correct? Thanks.

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Heya SkarjMaster,

I took the webserver down, I am trying to figure out why
sometimes there will be a ping spike for non euro players.

So I took the webserver down to see if it was the cause

Yes the last one you got I think is UrbanHotZone, I am taking
some maps out of the list because they are to large - for some
reason a map like SniperTown is very popular (Hmmm I wonder
why :rolleyes: ) - but players will select it when there are like 3
people on - yawn :D

These are the last I will put up in a while, I will be looking at the
mapvote history to see which maps to take out...

DM-HyperBoreal
DM-MementoMori
DM-Outland
DM-SunTzu

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yeah, that's no big deal, I'll just keep track off the map vote for a while. So, with those new additions (or soon to be), that would be 57 maps. Maybe delete 7 of those to make an even 50! Snipertown is a good start. Then, three of the 5 Decks. Three more could be Hydrophobia, Oceanic and Brotherhood.

Of course, these are just my suggestions. Also, please don't delete some new maps I discovered on your server that I really like and others that are great custom maps to keep on a server, such as: ReconStarCruise, ArizA-][, Elsinore][, Escherland][, Beholden (don't think you will delete this one, it rules!), Halls_of_RedemptionV2, Helleth][, Anubis (my favorite DM), Constructor, Talath, Vault, Khalnora, RM6-Skitzofrenic, Distinctive, BloodyBlocks, FbRoute66, Veltor][, UT-Tourney-][, 1on1-Contact, 1on1-Magdalena (fav. 1on1 map), Gen][, MWH, Pah, Pahgio, Q1DM4, Memento Mori. I guess that a request to leave 26 maps on there. No big deal, just a request.

Some maps (Contact and Gen][ through Memento Mori) I haven't played on your server yet and would like to before they are deleted. This is a great server (even with the lag) and it seems to have something for everyone. Didn't get a chance to play it tonight, but will tomorrow and this whole week. See Ya!

P.S. - almost forgot, SunTzu is a frame rate killer on low end systems and with the lag could become unpopular later on.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just played 1on1-Contact and Gen][ on your server. 1on1-Contact has simple textures and is fun to play if you can stay on without falling off or getting shocked off; this should stay. Gen][ is a little different, but can go.

Yeh, I know, I can try playing the rest of the maps that I haven't played on practice mode, but I'd rather wait and see how they play on your server with your bots. See Ya!

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I've played all your maps that I have at least once and some that I didn't have initially. Just played some added maps though (Rose and such). Noticed you added some 1on1's, Adversity; SunTzu might be gone, I think I didn't see it. No big deal, SunTzu can chug at times.

Just when I think I tried them all, you add more. Could you update and put up your web page tomorrow from 9am eastern to 12 pm eastern (3pm to 6pm your time)? I just like to keep track of what is available, then I can scroll right to it. I liked it when your web page was up, I wish more servers would do that. Was that the problem?

Had really strange problem tonight: game freaked out and when I re-entered Someone Else's score was still there and I was playing as Player5 for some odd reason. I was gonna stop when both scores equaled 30, but I thought I'd see if Player5 could still win. Also, sometimes I'm shooting a player and they're not dying; what's up with that? Thank you. See Ya!

SkaarjMaster (aka Someone Else, aka Player5 ????!!!***)

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Hey SkaarjMaster,

Yes I did a final cleanup and removed those large maps that
allways seem to empty the server, like snipertown, so now the
mapcount is down to 50 with lots of smaller maps thats better
suited for around 6 players.

My isp is checking my lines to see why im not getting the
upstream im paying for - I have set the playercount to 6
untill they come up with a solution, I would rather have 6
happy players than 8 unhappy players :) - thats why I taken the
larger maps out and put some smaller (the 1on1's) up.

I have seem the problem you are having once or twice before,
I think its maybe the spawnprotect that is doing that, so I maybe
have to take it of - damn, that was the only spawnprotector that
is ngworldstat approved :(

The players that can't be shot, is probably the spawnprotection,
whenever a player respawns, they can't be hurt for 5 seconds
after they start moving, they can stand still for 15 seconds, but
they can't kill anybody until start moving...

I will try to work something out with the playlist...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Ah, that's it! The player didn't move for 15 seconds! That's 15 seconds missing out on frags, no soup for them! Must be the Homer Simpson boxing approach applied to UT; if you take enough hits they'll eventually get tired and fall over.

No need to take out spawn protector on my account. Actually, your server is the only one in my favorites with it and it's refreshing to play some tweaked bots.

I'll check your web site today; after that I'll just check maps from the map vote. Is this latest list going to be it for 2-3 weeks at least or do you think you'll be changing it again in the next few days? Thanks.

P.S. - if you see two posts like this, I didn't see the first one take so I posted another one.

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Hey SkaarjMaster,

Yep the maps will stay the way it is now, I have attached a text
file with a list of the maps that is online now...

Yeah your right about the spawnprotect changing the play, I think
it adds another dimension to DM that newly spawned players
have a chance to get a weapon - it will also sometimes give them
an advantage, if they spawn right by a weapon, if they are quick,
they have 5 seconds to frag you without being hurt....

btw gg's today...