Red Dwarf

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
most british people know the british sci fi show "red dwarf" at least I suppose so. I've just watched the 1st episode and I must say the show is damn funny!
The show seems to center around the black Dave Lister who's the lowest ranking person on the space ship red dwarf... and also the last human.
The "special effects" are cheesy and remind me of the first star trek show but "red dwarf" makes up with an uncountable amount of hilarity!

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Series 6 was the Best, IMO. Everything after than was just ass.

Favourite episode was Gunmen of the Apocalypse, by a country mile.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
darth_weasel said:
you never saw Red Dwarf before?

your mission, should you accept it or not, is to get every episode made

best show evar

the effects are meant to suck its all part of the humour :)

as far as I know red dwarf has never been aired on german tv.
After watching the 1st episode I started getting more shows in my download qeue. I've also showed my mom this episode and she likes them too.
I've mentioned the effects because I believe that they will scare any american audience away... I dont mind them.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
I've seen one or two seasons on BBC America, but then they stopped showing it...I loved that show!

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Rukee said:
..I wish we had it over here.
Cheesy sci-fi effects = WIN :p

I think you should be able to get it on public television. It's on Iowa Public TV, anyway.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Red Dwarf is hilarious :D The crappy special effects are part of the joke...it's partly a parody of serious sci-fi shows like Star Trek, and partly just a funny sitcom. I like all the series. The style changed slightly over the years but it remained funny.

I've also read most of ( all of? ) the Red Dwarf books. They're...hmm, not so hot. They're basically a bunch of situations from out of the shows, recycled, put into a different context with a semi-serious plot. It's much less funny.

.altan

Tomorrow
Dec 22, 2001
Balton said:
The show seems to center around the black Dave Lister who's the lowest ranking person on the space ship red dwarf... and also the last human.

omg red dwarf is racist, someone plz report to super court

Cactus

The Evil Spatula
Mar 19, 2000
Ithaca (A.K.A. Cornell's Bitch) NY
AMmayhem said:
Hmm, I must be the only one who thought it was dumb. I never found anything humerous in the show. :con:

oh just let yourself go, and be juvinile for a while... that's how it's funny. a lot of the humour is stuff that you wouldn't laugh at in a group, when other people are watching, but you'll laugh if you're watching alone. let go of your self-conscious perceptions, and it'll be hilarious.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Yeah. It's really stupid most of the time...but that's the point :)

"There's such a fine line between stupid and clever", as that guy from Spinal Tap would say. Another great comedy :lol:

Reign

The only candy with the Petey crunch
Aug 3, 2002
Digital Bliss
Visit site
Ah yes, one of my favorite shows. PBS channel 21 has been showing all the episodes off and on for years. It's hard to decide which season is my favorite but if presses, I probably would say the Fifth. "Mr Flibble's very cross.." ;)
The official RD site (I think it's the official site) is here http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/ if you want more info on the show.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
just watched "Backwards" and "Gunmen of the Apocalypse". personally I liked backwards more... I think the cat is my favourite character

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"Polymorph", "backwards", and gunmen are all classics. But almost every episode is funny in some way. There are very few turkeys.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I've only seen 5 min of one episode. It was kinda funny...I didn't get what was going on. To many seasons to catch up with.