Who makes these rules?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Watchdog

Nov 29, 1999
windsor, ontaio, canada
Visit site
I will:

1) Kill someone regardless if they just respawned. What would you have me do? If this freshly spawned player fragged me what would we call him? Of course I'll kill him or at least try. It's him or me.

2) Kill someone even if I know for a fact he/she is typing. WTF!?! Type faster, find a good hiding place or don't do it. IF for no other reason, there are people who are going to do it and I'm not going to disadvantage myself. Besides, the player in question is either talking smack (in which case they deserve a little flak) or they're communicating with their team which means it would be beneficial to kill him before his message gets through; however, there is one exception, if I know with absolute certainty that the player in question is talking to his/her dying granny then I'll not fire a shot, else, I pull the trigger and don't feel badly about it.

C

CYBER PETE

LOL!!
No doubt!
I hear that!
What a bunch of bitches.

Oh yeah how bout this one I'm sure this guy complained about the same things you listed.

I read somewhere a few weeks ago where someone was asking server admins to disable the translocator because it gave those who know how to use it an unfair advantage!! WTF!!! That means you should learn how to use it then! It's part of game. It's one of the coolest parts of the game.

Can you believe these people?

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
agreed. is not called DEATHmatch for nothing. kill or be killed and in this case almost always u let someone live they shoot you in the back 2 seconds later. screwem all, and killem all.

Sy

Jan 13, 2000
Behind You..
Visit site
There are no rules in life, just laws to be broken.Kill em all(if you can).

bullet2.gif

"I ain't got time to bleed"

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
In ctf if my team is not doing so well I usually get hacked off, so instead of going for the flag I type a message saying you beat me with the flags I will beat you with the frags /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif and that usually turns the ctf match into a death match really quick /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Come play in my Graveyard!!!
XxBonesxX

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Well theres a big difference between just happening to be around a spawner vs camping a spawning point. I don't see anything wrong with what you are pointing out but the gripe I have is with the people that purposely spawn camp. I also agree that there is nothing wrong with killing someone when they are typing, sure its frustrating but if you don't want to be killed find a safe spot or type faster. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
killing typers is ok in my book....sheeesh...get a motel room or something if you wanna chat that bad!

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

Space Cruz

Dec 29, 1999
Baton Rouge, La, USA
Visit site
Agreed on the kill or be killed; I personally type my *** off when the situation permits, but certainly bode no ill will towards those who find me and blast me to hell: kind of makes the messages that get through that much better.

I don't think anyone really gets upset, do they?

Blast-Em-All

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Way to go, Watchdog! i'm with ya all the way!
what do they think this is, IRC or a game of a game??? i mean like if u wanna type, wait 'till u r dead and then type without respawning! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Wedge.net

Dec 1, 1999
Ann Arbor, MI
www.wedge.net
Killing a respawner is okay, as long as you're not hanging around the spawn points with the intention to kill a lot of players right when they spawn. If you're passing by a spawn point, and someone spawns in front of you, by all means, unload your flak cannon in their face, but carry on with your fragging as if spawn points didn't even exist.

bullet2.gif

:Wedge