UT2004 Text to Speech on Windows 7 64 bit?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I just upgraded my box from XP Pro 32 bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I installed UT2004 tonight and all is good EXCEPT that my text to speech doesn't seem to want to work anymore. I did search around here but found no other threads about it WITH Windows 7 as the OS.

Is there a known fix?
Does anyone here have Windows 7 and their test to speech feature works?

I prefer to have it on so I won't have to look down and read real fast when somebody chats with me. I prefer to keep playing and just listen to what everybody is chatting about.

Thanks in advance for any aid rendered!

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Start UT2004

Select Settings

Select Audio

Go to the Text to Speech section

Enable in game check!

Enable in IRC check!

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
It stands for Internet Relay Chat or something like that. I suspected that might be needed so clicked it too one of the times I was trying to get it to work and viola! Let us know how it goes for you and good luck!

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Go to your Control Panel and then Speech Recognition and the to the Text to Speech in the upper left hand corner. Click Preview Voice. Do you hear it? Are all of the settings there about what you want? Now go back and try again in the game. Hear anything there now?

I think I read where in Win 7 that you lose the voices that are in the game but get the voice in this tool. I think you have to run the preview once and then the game makes the connection to it somehow and then it works. Let us know. Peace!

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
will give it a try and let you know, thanks again !

wow, it worked ! have no use for speech recognition, but went through motions and it worked !

thanks for the help !

Last edited: