CTF - Blue vs. Red Bases

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SSSHAD

Dec 8, 1999
Sydney, NSW, Austr.
Well, i'm pretty sure almost everyone on PU plays lots of CTF. Then you should have any opinions about red and blue bases. I think they generally well balanced, yet blue bases are a bit better. Like LavaGiant, LastCommand. The only red base i like more then blue is November's.

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
I like the thought that the EPIC guys decided to make unsymetrical maps but at the same time there will always seem to be unbalances. I know there are alot of arguments to go either way and its really hard to tell. In the end I prefer the symetrical maps just to eliminate any lingering thoughts on whether or not the map gave either team an advantage.

keet

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
Well, the symmetrical maps are good because they are balanced and easy to know where you are at and where to go because of similarity, but...
I am a very big fan of the different bases. This adds more variety. I think they are balanced in their own way, you just got to find which one better suits your style of play. Alot of times one base has a slight offensive boost while the other has a little better defense.

If you still think they are unfair, you can always alternate though.

Overall, I think it is a cool addition.
My favorite(only including the ones that came with the game is (this is tough) probably november but eternal caves is real cool too, oh hell, they are all great!!!!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Even though each base is different they are designed with distinct advantages for each side. November, for instance, the red side is easier to get in but harder to get out of. The red rocket launcher is harder to get to and its choke point is exposed to blue sniper fire. The blue side has to defend two levels as well as concealed entry through the sniper nest. You'll notice similar point/counter-points in the Epic and better made user maps.