Single Player Action

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Yeah, the single player game should be way more involved than getting the door open, shooting more monsters, finding the next switch, etc. There should be way more strategy, less focus on trigger reflexes (well, can it really get any better than UT? go back to robotron!). More interaction with friendly and neutral parties. The old adventure-game type of puzzles deserve a place. More options for different styles of play: stealth, deception, cooperation, or total carnage! Also, more boss monsters. Those who've played Jedi Knight will have some idea of the depth these FPSs can have.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Take elite force sp.. now THAT felt like a real adventure :) i really have fun going thru a sp game. why? creativity and somewhat interaction with the crew etc.. and the cutscenes are damn cooL.

Legend should implement this in unreal2:
the ability to play as a skaarj trooper or officer and see the skaarj world from the inside.. experience it.. command skaarj troops etc.. :) Now THAT would be great! think of it! Why always play the good marine, the hero.. bleh.. :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hmmmm aren't you the little pervert mathzeus ;)

Maybe you should be able to play as a bounty hunter or a smuggler too? You know, and explore the rough quarters of the solar systems, and then MATHZEUS :) you could visit nigth clubs .. maybe??

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Hmmm...

I submitted this thread as a reply to the Single/Multiplayer poll. I don't know how it got to be its own thread. Oh well, if you like it run with it...

MathZeus

Apr 13, 2001
Athens Hellas
Funny cause it turns to be an interesting thread:)

and then MATHZEUS you could visit nigth clubs .. maybe??

:)He he, Neonite, maybe you misunderstood (or maybe I did). AND playing as skaarj would make a difference? Maybe it would feel like they are the good gice but being evil is your choice:mad::D. AND NEONITE:) you think I'm pervert? You don't know what perversion is...:cool:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Mathzeus: don't mess with the skaarj! They are the masters of perversion! ;)

metakill:

sp aspect will (i hope at least) have 25 levels, divided in 13 missions. :I somehow i hoped for 40 levels or more. AH well, 25 isn't that bad.

And mp will also be a very important aspect of the game.
All previous mp modes + a new ones and around 20 levels.

I sure hope Legend will make the U2 sp experience damn original! (no weak hl ending for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.