Server Discussion: What is needed and what isn't...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XploD

Mar 20, 2003
Paderborn, Germany
www.xplod.de
As some of you might have noticed, I have set an Infiltration server up for public use. The server momentary runs as an Unreal-Coop Server.

I've got two topics I want to discuss:

a) Looking at the range of servers (especially in europe), I see two Coop servers (maintained by stinkmarder), three DTAS/TDM servers ( two of them not maintained for some time) and no EAS servers.
To level this "slight" imbalance in the server environment, I am thinking about switching my server's gamemodes in a weekly (to be discussed) schedule.
What do you think? Is anybody interested in playing all kinds of game modes?

b) When travelling from server to server, I often have some version missmatches. Are there any other server admins in here who can post the mutators they are using ( with version information or file's date) to be able to match versions?

c) For those who play often:
Which mutators / maps / etc. do you want to play?

Alo_09

Jan 22, 2008
EAS, its a long time ago - with extended maps without sniperclass...

Lightsabremod for Coop - just for fun - to push s.o. over the edge... ;)

XploD

Mar 20, 2003
Paderborn, Germany
www.xplod.de
Thanks for your help.
@Alo: I installed the MapVote mutator and configured it to be able to support up to 4 Inf game modes ( TDM, EAS, Assault (as dummy :) ) and Inf Unreal Coop)

So the majority defines which gamemode is played on XploD.de!
To call the vote menu, use following mutate command:
Code:
mutate bdbmapvote votemenu

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
I have set an Infiltration server up for public use.
Good news.

Are there any other server admins in here who can post the mutators they are using ( with version information or file's date) to be able to match versions?
Just use the latest version?

Could you please enable downloading on your server? I can't play on it due to some missing files.

XploD

Mar 20, 2003
Paderborn, Germany
www.xplod.de
Just use the latest version?
This is the crux of the problem :)
Some sites where the newest versions should be located are down ( e.g. RealTargets and Blitzschlag's german mirror :rant: ), so that all I could do was searching the web for _any_ version on the web.

If there are any players left interested in setting up a server I would create a new site where to download the latest versions of mutators currently in use, but I think it is'nt worth the work any longer :(

Could you please enable downloading on your server? I can't play on it due to some missing files.
This has been caused by merging two of my servers to a single "big" one. The problem should be fixed now, because all files have been placed in the fastdownload directory...

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
[Downloads] The problem should be fixed now, because all files have been placed in the fastdownload directory...
Well, that's the problem. You only enabled redirected downloads, but left the usual method disabled.
Unfortunately redirected downloads don't work with all UT versions. At least it doesn't with the Linux version. Not sure about Mac.

XploD

Mar 20, 2003
Paderborn, Germany
www.xplod.de
Well, that's the problem. You only enabled redirected downloads, but left the usual method disabled.
Unfortunately redirected downloads don't work with all UT versions. At least it doesn't with the Linux version. Not sure about Mac.
OK, I got the point.
The fastdownload feature comes with UT4.51 which is IMHO needed to use fastdownload mechanism. I once played under linux, and Fastdownload worked well.

I tried to install both download mechanism, but I don't have the possibility to check this atm. But I'll try to get both methods to work...

XploD

Mar 20, 2003
Paderborn, Germany
www.xplod.de
It's the MapVoteLA mutator which is running on my server.

I just tested to use the MapVote mutator without Multimut, and it work's quite better... Starting the server with 22 mutators at command line is no problem on linux, but using admin commands to change the game mode has it's issues...

When I want to start extra mutators (e.g. Microbulk) with a switch command, the command line is somewhere cutted and just a view mutators are started...

My next try is to specify all mutators for every game mode in the MapVoteLA Ini file, and test if this will work better.

PS: MapVote is now installed on the server...

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Xplod, i tried joining your DTAS server but i'm getting an INF_Assets mismatch. Did you change the Inf files or something ?

XploD

Mar 20, 2003
Paderborn, Germany
www.xplod.de
Xplod, i tried joining your DTAS server but i'm getting an INF_Assets mismatch. Did you change the Inf files or something ?
There's a package called "psytex" which exchanges some core infiltration files with better skinned once.

The original files and installation manuals can be found here:
http://infiltration.forum.cerberon.net/viewtopic.php?t=32

You can also download the psytex files here:
http://www.mhoelscher.de/index.php?page=259
Or via http://www.mhoelscher.de/ --> Downloads --> Textures

Maja and me are trying to collect all remaining infiltration files and make sure that they are availaible in their original form as long as possible (not just in a community edition installer exe)

Best regards,
_X_

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I've witnessed on the radar a few dtas games going on (6-10 players). Unfortunately i wasn't able to join all of them, but i'm seriously thinking about reinstalling on my new comp too.

I still think the remaining of the dtas players should join the Infiltration group on steam, that way maybe we'd be able to have some games going once in a while.

Last edited:

XploD

Mar 20, 2003
Paderborn, Germany
www.xplod.de
Hi Nuke.

The bad news is that my server is the last german DTAS server availaible.
Normally, the players meet on the Coop server, and if more than 8 players gather together, sometimes they switch to the TDM/DTAS server.

Whether DTAS or TDM will be played is mostly discussed on the teamspeak server (IP: xplod.de). So if you want to play inf DTAS, you should pay a visit and check if someone is willing to play DTAS...

PS: If DTAS is played and you can't join the match, you should install the psytex (some texture improvements). Psytex can be found here: Link

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Hey X-Plod I thought you were the TDM forever man ;). Maybe I should really re-install

As a coincident I just purchased Left4Dead and happen to suffer the Steam installation. It took me forever to re-activate my old HL2 account.

I found the INF group - can somebody please invite me?

my steam account is n1_Nukeproof - I'll join then.

Btw: anybody playing L4D?