DM-CBP3-Maidenlike Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Apologies to the CBP3 crew for the late news. I am awaking from my long winters' nap and have found Community Bonus Pack 3, Volume 5 has a lovely new addition called DM-CBP3-Maidenlike. This level was originally intended for release along with the others but time was up and it missed the date.

Apparently the level has a few nice touches such as a day to night cycle and health-bestowing flies. Author Dan Green Rozanski recommends 4-6 players.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
My critique: I played it for about 1.25hrs before bed today. I definitely love it. I wish I could model caves that well. Also I always put some healing effect in my maps someplace so that was a cool touch to me. Though those darn bugs keep flying out of reach. The random ominous laugh seems to be associated with a pickup respawn though it sometimes seems to coincide with some random damage. Plenty of Z-axis gaming tight spaces and loot keeps it action packed. All those meshes and the visible seems were very minimal. All in all well done and great fun... My 2 cents anyway.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
great map!

What is maiden-like? If you had to call one UT3 map maiden-like, then I guess this would be it.:) This one has somewhat tight gameplay in a medium-sized cave system with crystals, roots, “sprite lights”, falling leaves and overhanging trees. For a rather tight map at times, there is plenty of z-axis but not was some would consider extreme z-axis; the map is fun and the bots put up a great fight when they go for the powerups (I need to find those). The atmosphere in this map really makes it though and can be a little dark in the caves, but not too dark. I like the scenery, terrain, trees, outside scene with mountains and lake, skybox, lighting/shadows, water, waterfalls, custom stuff, and added sounds (birds, insects, music, etc.). Be careful to not look at the scenery too long as this can be hazardous to your health.;) This map definitely deserves to be part of the CBP3 DM maps just like Radiant, Incapacitate, Endura and Q1DM4.

EmoLevelDesigner

May 30, 2012
When I saw this map, I immediately installed UT3 and started playing it, because it is so beautiful! Very skillfully modeled terrain covered with various colorful plants and flowers. The vista is very impressive, it made me wish it was a bigger world that I could explore. And finding that it has day-night cycle was a pleasant surprise.

Natural bridges, hanging ivies, crystals, waterfalls, caverns... Seems like every idea you can come up with while creating a landscape was beautifully realized and put in the map.