Freakin Crashes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iamfromflushing

Dec 26, 1999
NYC
Visit site
Alright, when I am playing UT on my machine, one of two thing happens that pisses me off:
1) The game just locks up at a screen, and i gotta press ctrl+alt+delete to end task.
2) I get sent back to windows with a beautiful message of General Protection Fault (I have 128 megs of ram, and about 70% system resource is free, and I have barely any programs running when playing gamez).

My machine is:
PIII600
128 MB RAM
VIper 770 Ultra
Abit BE6 Mobo
Sound Blaster Live! Value
13 gig 7200 rpm Quantex Hard Drive.
Yea, all my drivers are updated, blah blah blah. Yes, I closed all the programs before playing. Yes, i got the patch for the freakin game. Any suggestions would be welcomed for this 50$ piece of non-working sh**.

CyberZord

Dec 27, 1999
Visit site
I don't know where to start on this. I am having the same problems. We have alot in common With the Viper board the mem and the soundblaster. I think its a combination of those cards that do it.

If anyone else is having the same problem please respond. Or if you have this combination and aren't having any problems please tell us your configuration of your ini. file.

CyberZord
This game rocks when it isn't crashing..

NutBar-SOB

Dec 22, 1999
Ventura, CA
www.sobservers.com
I also have a PIII-600, V770 Ultra and a SB live soundcard. When I first installed UT it didn't run quite right. I had lock-ups and occasional choppiness. I tried reinstalling UT and drivers and eventually hosed up my whole system.
I reinstalled Win98, all the drivers and UT and now everything works fine. Not sure If I was any help.

Qasack

Dec 26, 1999
Visit site
Same problem here. I have tried reinstalling everything from Windows to the drivers to UT, nothing seems to have helped me so far.
My system:
Athlon550
128mb RAM
Viper770Ultra
MSI mobo
MX300 sound card

It seems our common link so far is the vid card. Makes me wonder. I have tried using both refernece and diamond drivers and I also tried using an older version of both drivers and nothing has helped me yet.

Cadence

Dec 26, 1999
Visit site
Yeah, I've got a v770 as well, and every time I go to switch levels in the "practice mode" and when I progress past the first three levels in Tournament mode it crashes with a wierd error message ... I posted a message about this earlier asking for help, but no one replied =) i've got a PIII 500 with 198MB SDRAM and a 32MB v770 (straight, not ultra). I'm also running Direct X 7.0 ... not the fixed one, just the old one. Dunno if that makes a difference tho ... direct x sucks /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif Out of curiousity, are you gents running UT in OpenGL mode or D3D? I use D3D and I haven't seen any of the stuff you're all talking about (I too use Windoze 98) ... just curious ... Later

--Cadence

CyberZord

Dec 27, 1999
Visit site
I saw it somewhere else, but I can't remember where. I have replaced my d3ddrv.dll file, using one from the lates version of the demo on the web. It seems to have cleared up the problems. give me a few more hours of testing and I'll let you know.

Cyberzord