The UT2004 0wnage thread/gallery

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Not since the days of UT has there been as much buzz about a Unreal game as there has been for UT2004. So, logically, lots of people are playing. This is the first (of likely many) threads concerning 0wnage and a place for people to discuss said 0wnage. :)

My first comment is that people seem to temporarily ignore the threat of the minigun turrets in AS-Convoy. In the first 2 objectives, people are slowly figuring out that a good minigunner will make progress slow. They still don't have it all right yet -- bullets will make for slow going -- though people are getting that rockets will not only kill whoever's using the turret but it will damage the turret itself, and it doesn't take too many rockets to take it out. On the backside, however, people forget about the power of the turrets (at least for the first few minutes), though some will lob flak bombs up top (which is, literally, hit or miss). That said, the turrets, manned well, can provide a game-stopping defense. So most of my killing sprees are had on the minigun turret.

Attachments

• ut04asconvoy01.jpg
    ut04asconvoy01.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 180
  • ut04asconvoy02.jpg
    ut04asconvoy02.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 117
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
With your new card and 'stuff' what kinda of fps are you getting in AS?

I've got mine set to low and i'm dipping into the teens when I get out of the train/truck/thing

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
is it this forum that compresses the images down to 800x600 or are u guys actually playing at that resolution? if this forum lets u add pics, but automagically scales them down to 8x6.. then may i suggest a fast/100%free/super small/real low resource image manipulation program called "Irfanview" to alter your pics.
www.irfanview.com .. small prog (under 500k i think?) works wicked quick.. and u can resize/crop your pics in a second while keeping the aspect ratio perfect. very simple program, does other stuff too.

i'd rather see a clean 8x6 pic rather than a forum compressed image. :)

-helpful smurf

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Problem with "lots of people playing" is that a lot of people unfamiliar with UT03 are playing. Not complaining too much, we go through this with every game. But it falsely builds my confidence. Every CTF map I joined last night I quickly started owning. I expect to be better at 04 than I am at 03 (mainly because of the weapon switching....that was a big weakness for me in 03), but this is riduculous. I think all us skilled folks should take it easy on the new folks ...for awhile anyway.

Nahhhhhh. ;)

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
second time ever playing DM since ... umm, quake1?
i think i was playing with some good folks on the UaK server (i think, well there were about 4 of them on there)
the first map i think i had 15 kills after coming in a bit late.
i didnt know there was a "kill" past mmmmmonster? but i got "Ludicrous". heres a screenshot of my second DM game. good fun, maybe i should try DM more often.heh.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 89

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
A good match I played.

Attachments

• Shot00024.jpg
    Shot00024.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Shot00023.jpg
    Shot00023.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 43

TheEndruu

Oct 22, 2002
I went looking for screenshots I've taken and this was the best one.

Attachments

• Shot00001.JPG
    Shot00001.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 68
Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
Hi mum.

Shot8.jpg