progs running in background, how do i disable

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DIGITRON

a few digits shy
May 3, 2000
IOWA
Visit site
how do i disable permanently those progs running in the background like qtask, em_exec, etc.

and

what progs do you have to have running in background?

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Explorer, CPUnumber and Systray are the only things running in the background right now! My brother thinks I'm mad! Anyway, I need to get that VirusScan on pretty soon!

SkaarjMaster

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
You only need to have the ScanRegistry checked.
Everything else is optional. :D
You might also want to go to Programs->Startup and clear out anything in there.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
The only things I have checked are:

IntelProcNumUtility - even though X'ed out (turned off), still paranoid about not running this.

SystemTray - I believe this is supposed to be on.

razertra - probably should turn this off, but it's for my boomslang and don't want to mess anything up.

LoadPowerProfile - 2 of these are checked, tried turning one or the other off, but won't run unless both are checked for some weird reason. I tried turning both off and it keeps running this with default settings and not my own; better to run with hourly numbers rather than minutes.

Probably need to reinstall Win98SE, but this can wait until more serious problems arise.

SkaarjMaster