Left 4 Dead 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Just sent a Request for Money through Paypal to Jim and Jason. You should see it in your Email. I will order it tomorrow. :):)

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Sent using Steam Friends List.

What will my friend receive when I send them my extra copy?

Your extra copy will arrive as a gift message. If your friend does not currently have a Steam account or you see an error when sending it to a Steam account, your gift should be sent to the friend's email address. The friend will then receive an email with information on installing Steam and accepting your gift.

If your friend already has a Steam account and you send them an extra copy using the Steam Friends feature, the game will immediately be linked to their Steam account. When your friend signs into Steam, a pop-up message will notify them of your gift. Your friend will also receive a gift message via email.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Was looking up some stuff about L4D2. Found that the new SI are the Charger, the Spitter, and the Jockey (I think I'll be laughing my head off whenever I'm "driving" somebody). Whereas the original campaigns in L4D averaged about 1000 Infected kills, the new campaigns will average closer to 2000. All five campaigns will come with Versus and Survivor modes at launch. There is another new game type, and it is said to be Scavenge. I saw a video, and it looks like it would be very hard for the Survivors. Anyway, I think the whole thing looks to be twice the content as the first, so those of us that already have it pre-ordered haven't wasted our money.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-09-left-4-dead/55620

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
So after Dave and Jason got off for the night I was playing with the commands and got to check out all the guns. There is also a defibrillator you can use to revive someone that died :) I'm guessing that may take the place of the "closet" concept. I THINK it may have taken the slot of my med-pack. So maybe thats something you need to think about as a team whether you want to have one or not. Seems to be cool. I think the gun scale on the screen is a little off. Guns take up too much real estate. The magnum pistol takes up a HUGE space for a "pistol".

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Personally, I used the melee weapons more than the guns... I liked the machete the best, tho the guitar made a nice, satisfying sound when hitting the zombies. I can see an achievement coming already for one-hitting a hunter with one of them... maybe taking the place of the hunter kill achievements in L4D.
I really like the attention to detail they put in, though some of the areas look/feel too Doom-like... but getting a closer look at the special infected; very nice detail... I like the boomer, hunter, tank and smoker changes, but the ones that really stick out are the spitter and the jockey. I think maybe the spitter was a plumber at one time, because she shows more crack than a drug dealer... and the look on the jockey's face is almost horrific.
Other than that; I like the way the melee weapons feel when you use them, and I love what they've done with the new zombies/zombie area damage. :D

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Would be cool to have 2 Melee Weapons after all you can carry 2 pistols.

2 Frying Pans FTW...

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I'm not sure I like this, and I don't think it's going to go over well... but; I just killed a tank with the machete... it didn't take much.
I'm very concerned about the future of VS matches now.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
WoW, 3-4 folks slicing with a Machete would drop him quick in that case.
I suppose he wasn't actually attacking you and you then rushed in and started slicing. Melee weapons in Survival could make things real easy. Get in corner pull out machetes slice and dice.. No Worry about ammo huh..

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Well, if you remember in L4D, the tank would have anywhere from 2000-4000 hit points in normal mode. Maybe you got a weak tank and your fellow survivors helped you out a little more than you realized. Other than that, I can see the machete doing 200 damage with one swing in its strike zone.