Sarah Palin abandons Alaskan people.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why has Sarah Palin abandoned the Alaskan people?

• To prepare to run for President.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • To cover up some yet undiscovered shenanigans in Alaska

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • To join Fox news as a "Fair & Balanced" contributor.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • To breed an army of Disney character named, Jesus camp trained, doers of right.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • To mow down packs of wild wolves from a helicopter with an MG-42.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • To become Governor Mark Sanford's new soul mate.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • To begin her career as a community organizer.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • To devote more time to pal'n around with terrorist.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Who knows, but somebody better start a Hannity suicide watch.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • To carpet bomb social networking sites with pure, unflitered Crazy.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Public figures (and their families) are attacked with humor and worse on a regular basis. It is not extraordinary, it is the standard. If your skin is not thick enough, then you need to get out of the spot light.

so the hell with privacy for political families. at 17 yrs old Bristol Palin's pregnancy was made public and she was forced into the spot light having no choice. so we now have a precedent of forcing national attention onto a minor because her mother is running for public office. are you really ok with that? where does that kind of thing stop? apparently the grandmother was arrested for selling Oxycontin... Washington Post. what the hell does all of this have to do with Sarah Palin's policies and where would you suggest the line should be drawn? families used to be off limits, this shows the decline of our society. trash, defeat the opposition anyway possible except by talking about issues?

Phopojijo, her on a toilet, with a gun to her head, terrible. the "quitter" one i consider fine. i'm not the morality police here but anyone with any sense can clearly see theres hatred there behind those. i mean this garbage is really akin to drawing pictures of techers you didn't like in middleschool. with respect as always Phopojijo, if these people were concerned about being considered hateful they wouldn't have posted things like that to begin with. well, so dictates common sense.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
It's not like "the issues" are even all that important anyway, don't kid yourself. It's all a stupid game meant to get everyone pissed off at some smoke and mirrors bull**** while the rich dudes in charge take your money and do whatever they please.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
so the hell with privacy for political families. at 17 yrs old Bristol Palin's pregnancy was made public and she was forced into the spot light having no choice. so we now have a precedent of forcing national attention onto a minor because her mother is running for public office. are you really ok with that?

Yes, because she is currently an advocate for preventing teen pregnancy, so she is fair game. She made herself a public figure by choice.

If I turn on my television and am bombarded by your face every single time without looking for it, I hate you by default. That transcends any agenda, politics, celebrity, context. If you are there for an extended period of time (weeks/months/years!) and I can't escape seeing you once a day as I fumble to get to the stations I'm actually looking for...then you are subject to my scorn. It doesn't matter who you are. You could be a six year old with cerebral palsy trying to push for some charity. I don't care. If you're in my face, I hate you and will take pleasure in jokes made at your expense.

:D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's not like "the issues" are even all that important anyway, don't kid yourself. It's all a stupid game meant to get everyone pissed off at some smoke and mirrors bull**** while the rich dudes in charge take your money and do whatever they please.
:tup:
If I turn on my television and am bombarded by your face every single time without looking for it, I hate you by default. That transcends any agenda, politics, celebrity, context. If you are there for an extended period of time (weeks/months/years!) and I can't escape seeing you once a day as I fumble to get to the stations I'm actually looking for...then you are subject to my scorn. It doesn't matter who you are. You could be a six year old with cerebral palsy trying to push for some charity. I don't care. If you're in my face, I hate you and will take pleasure in jokes made at your expense.

:tup:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
so the hell with privacy for political families. at 17 yrs old Bristol Palin's pregnancy was made public and she was forced into the spot light having no choice. so we now have a precedent of forcing national attention onto a minor because her mother is running for public office. are you really ok with that? where does that kind of thing stop? apparently the grandmother was arrested for selling Oxycontin... Washington Post. what the hell does all of this have to do with Sarah Palin's policies and where would you suggest the line should be drawn? families used to be off limits, this shows the decline of our society. trash, defeat the opposition anyway possible except by talking about issues?

Phopojijo, her on a toilet, with a gun to her head, terrible. the "quitter" one i consider fine. i'm not the morality police here but anyone with any sense can clearly see theres hatred there behind those. i mean this garbage is really akin to drawing pictures of techers you didn't like in middleschool. with respect as always Phopojijo, if these people were concerned about being considered hateful they wouldn't have posted things like that to begin with. well, so dictates common sense.

Where ya been? Put down those foggy nostalgia goggles. Rush Limbaugh once publicly referred to 14 year old Chelsea Clinton as the "white house dog". How about the attacks on Amy Carter, Billy Carter, Roger Clinton, Pat Nixon, etc, etc, etc...

This stuff has been going on since before the time of Lucius Junius Brutus and will continue long after your great, great, great, great, (Ad infinitum) children are dead.

Edit:

P.S. If you thought the Palin/Toilet & Palin/Suicide images were going too far, you're really going to hate this...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3160064

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland

That is why I could never figure out why Obama would not just slow it down a bit on the speeches and other executive decrees, pressers and other such photo ops. After a while people start to get tired of hearing about how bad things are in America , or about his plans for changing the world via making speeches. As a sidenote, he needs to lock Biden in the "secret location" and not let the press get to him--I can only take so much comedy.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Yeah some of them would have... because they found it funny.

It might not be funny... but their intent could very well have been humour.

There could very well be ideological bias behind people who make jokes...
... but there definitely is a lot of ideological bias behind how people interpret those jokes.

Just keep in mind that your judgment is just as subjective as anyone else's, including mine.

There are reasons why doctors cannot operate on their own immediate family...

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Yes, because she is currently an advocate for preventing teen pregnancy, so she is fair game. She made herself a public figure by choice.

Only after she was eighteen. the fact still remains that she was originally attacked when she was a minor. Now, she is what you stated and fair game. But, at 17 nobody knew her intentions and she was shoved into the lime light of politics. The issue is. 17 was ok, so lets push it to 16 or 15... 14 which I'm about to address.

Where ya been? Put down those foggy nostalgia goggles. Rush Limbaugh once publicly referred to 14 year old Chelsea Clinton as the "white house dog". How about the attacks on Amy Carter, Billy Carter, Roger Clinton, Pat Nixon, etc, etc, etc...

This stuff has been going on since before the time of Lucius Junius Brutus and will continue long after your great, great, great, great, (Ad infinitum) children are dead.

Edit:

P.S. If you thought the Palin/Toilet & Palin/Suicide images were going too far, you're really going to hate this...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3160064

Lizard, i am against Limbuagh attacking Chelsea Clinton as well. I just didn't bring that one up. Way to jump to conclusions. I have always been against this kind of thing. You seem to think that just because I don't advocate attacking Sarah Palin or in short someone on the right of the political spectrum that I must have a double standard and think its fine when done to someone or a family member with a "D" next to their name. Nothing could be further from the truth and do I really need to include a history lesson of political attacks of the entire existance of US political **** flinging to address this?

Forget it, why am I arguing with a child. I hope you aren't driving.

Last edited:

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Yeah some of them would have... because they found it funny.

It might not be funny... but their intent could very well have been humour.

There could very well be ideological bias behind people who make jokes...
... but there definitely is a lot of ideological bias behind how people interpret those jokes.

Just keep in mind that your judgment is just as subjective as anyone else's, including mine.

There are reasons why doctors cannot operate on their own immediate family...

Very well put sir. You make good points. I really can not 100 percent say its hateful but I seriously doubt its playful fun.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Very well put sir. You make good points. I really can not 100 percent say its hateful but I seriously doubt its playful fun.
Cool.

That said I did find the one with a gun to her head -- probably not out of humour's sake. I mean it's possible, but I don't see it... there's no punchline.

The toilet one on the other hand had such a cornball pun it had to have been done out of humour.

But again, both of those points are just my observation.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Lizard, i am against Limbuagh attacking Chelsea Clinton as well. I just didn't bring that one up. Way to jump to conclusions. I have always been against this kind of thing. You seem to think that just because I don't advocate attacking Sarah Palin or in short someone on the right of the political spectrum that I must have a double standard and think its fine when done to someone or a family member with a "D" next to their name. Nothing could be further from the truth and do I really need to include a history lesson of political attacks of the entire existance of US political **** flinging to address this?

Forget it, why am I arguing with a child. I hope you aren't driving.

I was simply pointing out that these kind of "attacks" have been gong on since the very first politician, and it's never going to change. If anybody chooses that kind of public life, then they and their families need to be prepared for the dark side of it. It's a simple fact that will never change despite any Utopian dreams one may have.

It's not a Left or Right issue.

P.S. I can almost guarantee that I was driving before you were born.

Last edited: