None Colliding Ramp Issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue
Jun 27, 2004
Madison, WI
I've had problems with staticmesh ramps from time to time. currently I'm trying to use the T-ramp peace in far.urx, and nothing will collide with it, the rest of the ramp peices work fine, and the properties of the staticmeshes are all okay, so I'm puzzled. Plus with the T-ramp peices in the editor when I try to put objects directly on them with the right click add menu, either it won't do anything or it will place the peice in this random odd place on the map. I don't want to have to hide blockingzones in all the ramping, because I don't think that would be very resource efficiant, and I'm going to have efficiency issues as is. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreaciated.

Oh and... when I go to make a linkdesign for the map is appears that the overhead map scale is way off and I can't even see most the nodes on my screen. my map demensions are something like 3096Hx65536Wx32768D, so it's not that large. I'm thinking it might be still scaled for the last ONS map I did and that I just forgot to do something simple to fix itt like that ucc command, but nothing has worked so far. I could use a little help on that too if some senior ued mapper has some insight...

Last edited by a moderator:

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
ONS maps will default to the size of your terrain - if you have no terrain, or mutiple terrains, or your map only covers a small section of a larger terrain then you'll have to change the map radius manually - you can do this under view-> level properties -> radar map, set the 'use terrain' option to false and enter in the radius you want in Unreal Units into the radius field.

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
I don't want to have to hide blockingzones in all the ramping, because I don't think that would be very resource efficiant, and I'm going to have efficiency issues as is
Blocking volume's (I hope you mean) are very efficient. They are more efficient for collisions than static meshes, so you should be using them for complex static meshes to speed things up.

CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue
Jun 27, 2004
Madison, WI
Thankyou for the input. ' just solved both my problems!! :)

-so I'll use blocking volumes for now, and try changing the radar radius...
Although it will take a while to make all those blocking volumes.
Has anyone else had these kind of issues with ramps?

Last edited by a moderator:

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
Sort of, I've made stair cases and other objects that wouldn't colide, so I've made collision volumes for them, now they work correctly, It's some what tedious to make, but you can just save all the volumes to the mesh as its default collision mesh for all other instances of the static mesh in the level. You'll find some of the pro maps that ship with the game have manually created collision meshes for these types of things aswell, some of the maps have very thorough optimisations indeed. I'd give you an example, but Im not at home