I enjoy SWAT 3 and you might too..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

There hasnt been a lot of hoopla about SWAT 3 (due to RS domiation), which I find to be a very fun game. If you need something to play in the downtime between 3.0, I would suggest this one (along with RS of course). Try the demo first it has 1 mission and all of the weapons. There will also be a expansion pack coming out in August, with new guns (G36 Neo!) new uniforms and whatnot, there will also be a multiplayer patch introduced in August for free. The game has its ups and downs, just like RS, so I encourage people to decide for themselves.

RS Urban Ops, the new expanmsion pack will be out in April as well, new weaps and such, just trying to keep the tactical gameplay FPS alive and in peoples minds.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Yep, damn cool game. I like it much better than R6 or RS

------------------
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts!
Didn't Mommy or Daddy hold you enough when you were a child?!"
*Blam* -FMJ

CBuzz

Mar 5, 2000
Washington, DC
www.planetunreal.com
Yup! All I play these days are INF2.71 and SWAT3. Too bad SWAT3 doesn't have any multiplayer mode -but from what I hear, MP mode will be implemented with the mission pack coming this summer. I also heard that worldcraft for SWAT3 would be on the cd as well... just how cool would that be? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-chris

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Hey guys. I was thinking about buying this game, since I've heard good comments on it. Would anyone mind expanding on any ups and downs the game might have? I have RS and like it a lot, but what makes SWAT3 better or worse? Just curious, but I'll probably try the demo anyway. Thanks.

G

Just go out and get it, the multiplayer add on will be out in August, and the game rocks.

The ememy AI is very well done, sometimes they surrender, sometimes they don't very cool

I like the reticule better, its modeled after the gun sight that you are using (M4, MP5), which is cool. It doesnt do that huge sight like you get in RS when you turn.

The movements are cool, though when you have your team move fast, those movements arent very well done. The other downside is that the missions get old quickly, lots of hostage rescuing. The graphics and environments are well done was well.

Its a great game, if you like RS woull like this one, dont know where you live, but COMP USA had a sale on all sierra games for 19.99 with a manufacturers rebate.
CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
I just decided to wait for the expansion in august. It will be packaged with the game and sold separately. Got too many other games to play right now anyway. But it looks and sounds like a high quality game.