Team logo on player skin

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
This has probably been posted before but since I haven't spotted it yet :
It would be very cool to be able to have your own team logo on the playerskins. So every clan/team can make its own logo and "stitch" it on their uniforms.
The "spray your logo" in CS is nice, but this would be so much cooler /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Try to modify the skin by yourself.
It ain't that hard to do, even I was capable of making minor changes with Corel Photopaint 6!!
Also it is not hard to modify the .int file for your skin..
This also has the advantage, that you can place your logo where you want and in which size you want..

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
I agree you can do that, but it would come in handy to have it build in in inf. Otherwise you might experience problems while downloading skins, because the other team may have the same names for their skinfiles.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Just make some incredible name for your skin;
something like:
commando_elvisthekingofhellfire...
fcommando_xenagoddessoffire
or
whythehellissnakeyepostingsuchaBS?

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
Ah, there's a smilies legend ? Didn't know that. Yeah, now I see the link. Can you believe it's the first time I've noticed this ?

Looks like the "cool smiley" doesn't work, let's try another one, hmmm... can't get the "stick out your tongue" smiley to work either. Anotherone then /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yep, the overused /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif works perfect ! Any reason why the others don't seem to work ?

[This message has been edited by Andirez (edited 03-13-2000).]

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
I really like the idea of stiched on team logos...
The problem with custom skins is that only the playes who have those skins would see them. The server won't distribute them to the other players.

It would be cool that the server would do this, but if this will be done, the custom team logo's should be small(as they are in half-life)

So only a certain part of the skin texture should be downloaded by every player.

Great idea Andirez! /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Sylvester out...

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
That was what I meant : only having to download a small logo.
Thanks for pointing that out again sylvester /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and ofcourse for liking my idea (always nice if somebody does)

Romilar_D

Feb 10, 2000
www.paradynamic.com
I dislike UT's method of handling custom voices and skins. I refrain from loading voices and skins on my server because it forces all connecting clients to download all the servers package files. There will eventually be way to many custom packages available for a server to maintain. A much better way to go would be for clients to upload custom skin and voice files to the server and maintained via cache. This would help balance server load with respect to bandwidth. On the subject of skins would it be possible for the infiltration team to release their camo/army skins prior to (separately from) 3.0?

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
If I've heard right in the next Epic patch you can have players download from another server that don't even have to run the game.