It seems to me that Unreal 2 is going to rape HALO

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
While I'm excited about the potential of both games, I'm not sure if we know enough about either game to pass judgement.

Recently, I'm beginning to think that these games are going to be extremely simliar. Halo is apparently taking on a more single player focus because of the X-Box. Both games seem to have massive multiplayer as a feature and their environments are very close appearance-wise.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :hmm:

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
Woowoo isn't someone jumping the gun here?

From what I've seen both games look absolutely smashing in their stills and movies. Its basically how they're gonna play that matters. U2 guys haven't said anything 'bout vehicles in-game which is one of the promised goodies of Halo. But unless Halo comes out on PC, I'm afraid there's only 1 game that I'll be playing.

Jakeman

tig ol' bitties
Jun 12, 2001
www.mac-gamer.com
well, i figure it this way: HALO is being fashioned around a console there fore it will suck in comparison to a similar game (U2) that is being fashioned for a computer. :D

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
That's a rather silly POV
A cool game is a cool game regardless of the platform
For that matter, Turok for playstation was much better than Trespasser for the PC

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
i don't think a console can beat the keyboard and mouse control, i played briefly halo on x-box, the game has graphics and gameplay is not bad, but the total feel of it all is missing, most of the things i shot was walls due to bad calibration of x-box gamepad

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
huh, then i guess the quote of mircrosoft : the x-box is not a pc, is a little overrated then

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
lets hope halo will there be in time

Why, its not coming to the pc platform anyway, and i'm not planning to buy a x-box, heard from many previews and own experience that its not all that
Perhaps i'll buy one of them game-cube thingys, i think i have some square space around here somewhere
People expect to much of the x-box, and most people will be disappointed in the x-box
Also it is a know fact that epic always postpones the "going gold" of there games, so you can bet your money the deadline will change

bluefunk

Jun 8, 2001
Visit site
b1u3funk

Well. It seems to me that going totally by screenies that Unreal2 blows Halo by a loooooong shot. Remeber that U2 has NO flat textures everything is modelled, every blade of grass is modelled - wow!
Halo has IMO slowly lost graphical goodness as it has been translated to the Xbox.
I also trust Epic to deliver the goods whereas I'm not so sure on Halo's developers.

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
The developers of Halo are Bungie, the guys behind Myth and Marathon and other classic games.
The .plan updates are pretty exciting since they talk a lot 'bout AI innovations and physics and stuff. Graphics are imp but this is where the real immersion factor comes in.

bluefunk

Jun 8, 2001
Visit site
Yeah I agree but...

All i mean is that the developers of U2 are Epic and one thing I did glean from the Q3/UT debate release argument or whatever you want to call it was that Epic listened to what people wanted they added lots of play modes and icluded by far the most accesible editor and dev tools (i.e. scripting) around. (i.e. Epic ask you what you want and ID tell you how FPS's should be)

I don't doubt that Halo will do a spanking job (and I really hope they do) but they to conform to the will of MS.

Mind Maze

May 6, 2001
Visit site
Hm... Halo and in the same way comes Doom 3, back from the hell. (Impressive facial details)

With duke taking UT and Wolfstein taking Q3 engine, not that same next generation level.

Status
Not open for further replies.