• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
Now that we've had a day or two to play with .5 I think there are a few bugs which require attention sooner than 2.86 is going to be released.

1: Leaning is a bit buggy. I'd prefer it to simply be impossible to shoot when leaning but if that's a lot of code than simply remove it until it can be completely fixed.

2: Prone dive. It's always been around but it's just really annoying lately. Prone dive (not prone, just the dive) should be removed to prevent worming until the diving animation can be completed.

3: Prone hitbox. I don' know how difficult it would be to do but couldn't the hitbox radius be increased so that it's at least as wide as the player? It wouldn't be perfect but it'd be a nice standin until the cylinder can be rotated and sized correctly.

4: Screen flash: More and more often I've been looking up at my screen and noticing I'm at low health for no apparent reason. We really need that red flash an grunting when you get hit back in.

5: Living dead: I'm sure by now most people have been in a game where one team wins and the round ends... only it doesn't end and you can run around without your weapons. You can pick up weapons and shoot them but they don't hurt the enemies. Sooner or later it goes away but it's kinda annoying (funny too).

6: Jumping: Stamina drop for jumping was never scaled with the stamina/bulk changes. Sub-20 loadouts may be able to run fast and far but they can still only jump a few times before they are out of stamina. It's really hard to climb 'crate stairways' like in MWH or Installation because of this since more often than not you get to the last 'step' and then have to lay down and rest.

7: P90 hits: Myself and many other players have noticed inconsistant hits with the P90. Even if your like 10 feet away and your certain you are on target many times your shots appear to go right through them causing no damage. At first I thought I was just lagging but I've heard a lot of other people talking about similar problems where the P90 just doesn't seem to hit all the time leading me to believe that perhaps there is something more to it than that. (P90 reloading bug as well, emailed about this one).

8: 40mm fuse. This is still wrong so you just end up with people taking both the m203 and hk69 into cqb maps to get around the limit restriction, and since they are on small maps it doesn't really matter if they can't run too far not to mention as they use grenades the penalty is removed.

9: The 57 seems really close. I just noticed this a little while ago. he m9 looks like your holding it out roughly at arms length but the 57 looks like you've got your elbows bent and are holding it up to your nose between your eyes. Not a big deal it just makes longer ranged shots kinda difficult since the gun blocks the person your shooting at.

I can't think of anything else at the moment mainly because it's a solid release and it's so much more fun now. Most of this stuff is pretty rare but it can still be frustrating at times. If anyone has any comments or further fix requests just add to the list.

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
*bump*

Looks complete to me. I would suggest removing insta-prone completely as a temp fix since it's abused...until the anim is complete. Or introducing a delay w/o animation. Just the person standing there like a moron until 1.5 seconds later they go prone.

What about weapon switching delays? Again, dunno if this involved more coding than would be good for a *0.0.1 release :D This release made so much progress towards realistic gameplay that I wanna see more now! :)

[L]-Damodred

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
The problem is the leaning animation doesn't always play. Many times you're character doesn't even lean which means you can shoot around corners. This effectively makes you invincible, just like the clipping bug, because the only way to detect your position is to watch the tracers coming from your gun and if the person is even a half decent shot by that point it's too late and you're dead.

Luckily this is pretty rare but it still happens so until they can force the animation to play every single time or come up with some other fix I don't think you should be able to shoot when leaning.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
This probably deserves its own topic... but

Shouldn't there be a penalty for leaning with a sniper rifle? I believe that Springfield makes scopes that have a bevel visiable through them to help you avoid "canting" (?) the rifle. I'm not really sure what canting does but i'm willing to bet that it's not very good for accuaracy.

Canting means that you tilt the rifle. That results in the bullets hitting left or right and high in relation to your point of aim. Having a long horizontal line in your scope helps reduce that from happening since you notice much easier if you have the weapon canted.

Hypenotist

Catharsis hypothesis
Mar 15, 2001
I can't wait to hear the team reply about the P90 aiming. Are these guns really only usefull at 25m out or is this still a bug? I too have emptied p90 clips on bots at about 50m and missed them seemingly while lying prone with breathing control LoL.

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
prone bug need fixing ASAP
with less nade there is no defence against it

also if you use up all your nades with the m16 and chance you gun without going out of "nade mode" you cant chance back to it
the m16 prob seems eazy enough to fix
automaticy return to bullets when you when your run out of nades for instans

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by The_Countess
prone bug need fixing ASAP
with less nade there is no defence against it

You could learn to aim. Just a thought.

Prone bug is the most blown outa perportion thing ever in inf. Yes, it should be fixed. No it isn't a big problem. You can still see them, just learn to aim and you will be fine. If they were invis then that would be a problem. And if they blow you away before you even get a chance to shot. That is your prob, they gunna do that even if the whole screen was their hitbox.

Leaning is a big problem. Let me get this straight. I am left handed and i lean to the right. Where does that make sense? Your whole body would be exposed. That and even if you can't see their gun they can still shoot at you. I've seen leaners arms and legs before and then died. Not like their whole arm. Just a tiny bit of sleve. And i shoot into thin air and kill people cuz they invis.

If the inf team took out leaning, prone and nades i think all the complaining would stop on the forums. Those are by far the complaining topics. Sure at the beginning everyone would whine about not having those options. But just like when lean was taken out, they will find new was to make the game fun.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
Normally I agree with your Browncow but I have to disagree with you on this one.

For example, on Siberia the other day I was on red. I'd run up the stairs and hop the tracks then hide behind the pillars. As the blue team came down the stairs on the far side I was picking them off. One guy was somewhat intelligent and lay down prone back in the corner over there with his m16/acog (who would have an acog in a cqb map? thats another topic though...). Well I lean out with my supressed P90 and take a short burst. Of course no hits. I repeat this multiple times watching the smoke puffs appear BEHIND him. Not on the ground in front of him and the wall above him but directly behind him. Even in semi mode the puffs from my shots were appearing directly behind him and he just kept on shooting at me. Luckily his aim was bad and I emptied an entire P90 mag at him, hitting nothing but the bottom 6" of the wall behind him.

When you're up close the prone collision isn't that bad as long as they are prone to begin with and don't dive down when they see you. When your at anything but short ranges it's a completely different story, especially if you're using a weapon which seems to have hit problems to begin with even at 10 feet (ie P90).

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Another addition\fix to 2.85.6(?) should be the long awaited (by some, feared by others) gun bob while running problem. The sights may appear to move, but the gun's aim does not change. (those who don't belive me, go take an mp5 /w aimpoint and run at full speed, using the iron sight piece at the front to aim, ignoring the waggle).

This is making gameplay feel like a
quickdraw dodge'n'shoot, with the disadvantage going toward the guy in cover who ISIN'T moving.

There needs to be a penalty for moving. Many have suggested (1) requiring the gun to move to hip position while sprinting, (2) a third aiming style, (3) random inaccuracies, or (4) a complete revamping of the firing style. In my opinion, the first one seems like the easiest, and most plausible for our usage. The second and fourth would require months of work, and the second would just feel odd, having the gun point one way, but hitting in another.

This is the original intent of the infiltration team, for why else would the gun "waggle" MORE while running? The reason is certainly not so you could shoot just as accurately.

Excelsiore

Binary Liberation Front
Mar 23, 2001
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Have they lessened the M203 arming ranges. I saw a guy shooting into one of the houses in Sicily and at that range in 2.85.3 I know I've seen it bounce every time but now it exploded...

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
You could learn to aim. Just a thought.

you havent played with me have you

Prone bug is the most blown outa perportion thing ever in inf. Yes, it should be fixed. No it isn't a big problem. You can still see them, just learn to aim and you will be fine. If they were invis then that would be a problem. And if they blow you away before you even get a chance to shot. That is your prob, they gunna do that even if the whole screen was their hitbox.

o sure it is blown out of proportion
you prone yourself a lot dont you?
if you dont face a proner headon a long way away (or also from prone @ the same hight) hes hit-able area can be as little as 20% of what it should be (and newer players dont know where it the small hit area is located. heck i dont even know exectly)
even if you face him head-on he's hit area is only 80% of what it should be
and you tell me its not a big problem
with nades being next to useless its en even bigger problem then it was
also where the f*ck do they leave there legs when they are propt up in a corner?
i think fixing the hit box will also fix that (if i understand the engine right)

If the inf team took out leaning, prone and nades i think all the complaining would stop on the forums. Those are by far the complaining topics. Sure at the beginning everyone would whine about not having those options. But just like when lean was taken out, they will find new was to make the game fun.
i suggest you go and play TO
you dont like any of the mayor things that set this game appart form any other
also all the complaining about it have been well founded so far
the proning is SO buggy
the leaning is eazy to exploite
and the nades wher overused (unfortunitly they overdid the countering of this)

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
blah blah blah.

Ok. Silencer, i know that people have been talking about how that p90 gun is just messed up as far as hit detection. I have never had a problem where i couldn't hit a guy that was prone. And i use a DE or a SIG. I'm sure there are rare cases where a guy could be prone and he might be unhitable, but i have not encountered that yet.

And that other guy. I don't need to play against you. What good whould that do? I have absoultly no problem hitting a guy that is prone. I very seldom use prone. I used to a little bit more, but it was boring because no one could aim well enough to hit me so i stopped. Someone actualy emptied a whole drum from an ak at me once and hit nothing. Having a hitable area of 20% is still enough to hit him.. You make it sound like he is superman. It isn't like the hitbox is in a random location every time someone goes prone. It is in the same spot. And it doesn't take a genius to know that you should just adjust your aim to hit the player. Just maybe accept the possibility that you might not be very good at aiming.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Um, Brown Cow. If someone emptied a drum at you, did it occur to you that in theory he/she should have at least hit you a couple times despite his lack of "aiming ability"? The hitbox is messed, the team has acknowledged it and are changing it, so maybe its not the persons skill that gives them trouble. Also I've seen many people take out proners and sometimes they can't hit you, its the hitbox - ITS ****ED.
So don't go telling people they can't aim when its a problem even acknowledged by the team :rolleyes:

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
I've had people empty drums at me and missed when i was standing up.. Some people just suck and can't aim. It is easy to take out a proner. I never said it wasn't a problem. But if the majority of people that played this game didn't suck it wouldn't have gotten blown up so big. Sure there are very very rare instances maybe when the guy is "unhittable" I have never encountered this but i do not rule out the possibility. And considering nearly everyone uses prone online i'd say that it would be extreamly rare for that to happen considering how much i've played and not encountered it.

The worst you can possibly do is complain about people going prone and then turn around and do it yourself. I found a few people the other day that did this. "Fight fire with fire" Hipocrate. Hipocrates should all be burned at the stake. They are the worst kind of person.

I sometimes go prone because i have absolutly no problem with it. I'll never complain about someone going prone. But i try not to use it because of the endless amount of crap that comes with it.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
It is easy to take out a proner.

If your right next to them yes, and when using pistols only (if you still do this) it isn't really a problem. I played pistols only for several weeks and it wasn't that big a problem either cus I had to get so close to begin with. When your more than a few meters away it can become nearly impossible.

In flagstaff if somebody is prone at the other end of the station it can be almost impossible to hit them without an acog. Problem is having an acog in such a level is just wrong, it's a short range map and I don't know any real soldier who would bring a gun loaded for long range combat into that map. People do though, and they are promoted for it by being the only people capable of killing proners.

It's just messed up and needs to be fixed or removed until it can be.