whats your favorite level??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Loki

Oct 7, 1999
Ottawa/Ontairo/Canada
Visit site
I was playing single player unreal for a while and I found my self playing the Sunspire level over and over.(it just kicks ass, and scares the crap out of me at times too!) /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif
And I wondered what other people thought their favorite level was in singleplayer unreal.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
The IVS-Kran was a good one, as well as Bluff Eversmoking. The level that really terrified me was the first one, when you first get to see the Brute, he's charging out at you, dual automags blazing. Or your first encounter with a skaarj, when all the lights go out.

Goddam, that game was so cinematic. THATS WHY I LOVED IT SO GODDAM MUCH. Ha, I almost forgot why it was so dear to my heart. It wasn't just a run and gun action music, open the door fire your guns cause a monster's waiting for you. The pauses were dramatic, enough to build up fear and tension. I played through DooM, Heretic, Hexen, Quake, Quake 2, and they were all ho hum. I always knew I'd go around a corner and something would be there... but with Unreal, it wasn't predictable. The lights were so ambient and dramatic, the moods and tensions so perfect, the theme so ironic (the damned becoming the savior). It was just a beautiful, innovative play experience. Single player unreal is definitely something I'm going to play through again. That whole game scared the mortal fuck out of me, and no other game can stake claim to that. I remember creeping in terror through the Tyridium mines with the stinger in hand, not knowing when the next mercenary would spring up on me.... *drool*.

On a side note: The icon for the red team in UT (the red lightning bolt-ish thingy) is the symbol for tyridium from the original game.

Its pretty funny how the whole first game virtually revolved around tyridium, and the second game's only (fleeting) reference to it is the new GESBioRifle, that has tyridium after-product.

I also thought it was beautiful how Epic and de made their online play game coincide with id's, and delayed the actual sequel, knowing full well it would kick its ass just like Unreal did to Quake and Quake II.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
The IVS-Kran was a good one, as well as Bluff Eversmoking. The level that really terrified me was the first one, when you first get to see the Brute, he's charging out at you, dual automags blazing. Or your first encounter with a skaarj, when all the lights go out.

Goddam, that game was so cinematic. THATS WHY I LOVED IT SO GODDAM MUCH. Ha, I almost forgot why it was so dear to my heart. It wasn't just a run and gun action music, open the door fire your guns cause a monster's waiting for you. The pauses were dramatic, enough to build up fear and tension. I played through DooM, Heretic, Hexen, Quake, Quake 2, and they were all ho hum. I always knew I'd go around a corner and something would be there... but with Unreal, it wasn't predictable. The lights were so ambient and dramatic, the moods and tensions so perfect, the theme so ironic (the damned becoming the savior). It was just a beautiful, innovative play experience. Single player unreal is definitely something I'm going to play through again. That whole game scared the mortal **** out of me, and no other game can stake claim to that. I remember creeping in terror through the Tyridium mines with the stinger in hand, not knowing when the next mercenary would spring up on me.... *drool*.

On a side note: The icon for the red team in UT (the red lightning bolt-ish thingy) is the symbol for tyridium from the original game.

Its pretty funny how the whole first game virtually revolved around tyridium, and the second game's only (fleeting) reference to it is the new GESBioRifle, that has tyridium after-product.

I also thought it was beautiful how Epic and de made their online play game coincide with id's, and delayed the actual sequel, knowing full well it would kick its ass just like Unreal did to Quake and Quake II.