New Player v Player mode Screenshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
It's been a while since we had a site update. We are still alive after tons of problems with team management as well as planning. Right now, we are more steady with PvP mode in focus but that does not mean we have completely forgotten PvB.

We have [D]estructor an old-school DA:UT team member mapping for us. He has completed his first DA2 map.

Nick will be working on a very big map as well and FluXs will soon start his own map

The code is being updated to fix certain weapon bugs as well as gameplay bugs and further more optimization.</P>
Enjoy the screens

screen1sm.jpg

screen2sm.jpg

screen3sm.jpg

screen4sm.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2003
Australia
How come he isn't using the MR40 specific animations? He's using the MR56 ones. The animations for the MR40 has him holding it at the hip.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
tell me about it, his right hand is also stuck inside the guns ammo case, I keep telling them to fix it ever since the gun was put ingame (how many months has that been). As it means that to take screenshots you got to make sure the right hand is not visable.

Plus runnung around with a gun like that, up next to your head doesnt look realistic ingame :(

What it needs is 2 animations, one for hip (running etc) and then one which is raised up (like in pic) when you go to use its sights, which when you do, you have to to be crouching or walking or standing still...

Last edited:

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
I got to be honest with this one. Right now PvP is main focus but in a way PvB can even be done with current code. No alien models or monsters included though.

Bot AI uses UT AI plus some additional functions due to DA2 code

DA2 bots will throw grenades
DA2 bots will SHOOT an enemy objective if it is a destroyable meaning it has health
DA2 bots will USE objectives that you need to go and press USEKEY in order to achieve it.
DA2 bots will reload on idle
DA2 bots will use ammoboxes
DA2 bots CANNOT SNIPE and therefore they can never be long-range class (might be changed but doubtful, leave sniping to the smart people)

If you check the above you can easily, with the use of our objective system, implement a player vs bots map with always the ability to attack if you wish as a player. Kind like DA:CE was but more polished of course and new.

An example, mapper places 2 destroyable objectives and says Team0 has to defend them while team1 has 200 lives to destroy them. Me and you, as players, will join Team0 and then bots (due to AI) will attack our objectives and we defend them.

It might sound complicated but most of my testing involves bots so I kinda feel like I am in PvB mode anyways. Until, [D] or Nick join and I crash them :)