R.I.P. Fragbu?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Like what. The only high profile MP game that I see is SC2 D:

HoN - Dota crowd.
Bad Company 2 - Modern Warfare crowd
Starcraft2 - The entire RTS crowd and Blizzard Fanbois
C&C4 - Maybe

A huge playerbase split is gonna happen soon in the multiplayer genre. These are games that's gonna have a long lasting appeal and capable of starting never ending fanboi wars.

Looking forward to Brink though, it's the only new IP trying something relative new.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
HoN - Dota crowd.
Bad Company 2 - Modern Warfare crowd
Starcraft2 - The entire RTS crowd and Blizzard Fanbois
C&C4 - Maybe

Thanks, I forgot about a few of them.

I forgot about HoN/Dota. Never tried it but it looks interesting.
Any BF game feels nothing like any CoD game imo :{
SC2 hell yeah
C&C4 I forgot about but will be playing too D:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm not looking forward to any of those games. In fact, I'm reasonably sure they will all be awful.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
*lays a flower at the grave in remembrance*

Chins up, everyone. I'm sure there will be other opportunities for you to get killed by me.

Ma3a*

Null-Technology
Dec 25, 2005
Damn you EPIC...

*shakes fist*

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNN YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Well, I'm pretty sad about this, but there really was no activity. Seems like I'd sit alone in that server a lot. Oh well, I've got another server I join regularly now.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I miss FragBU2k4

howlatnight complaining every time he dies, and complaining extra hard when I aliased as liquidengineer for a month
flak-spammer not actually being a flak spammer
Skold being permanently drunk
Sir_Brizz being Sir_Brizz
Dark_Pulse on TS2 during ONS games
m&ms exploiting maps
T2A thinking he was cool
Kal being british
DM-1on1-Crash being awesome for 8 player FFA
camping amp in orbital2

then ut3 came along and the sparkle was gone.

ggs.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
2k4 started dying off, too, unfortunately. A couple months before UT3 came out it was usually only full for an hour or so a night and filled up longer occasionally. 2k3 and 2k4 FragBU were certainly the peak of FragBU, though.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
...2k3...FragBU...
Let's face it, 2k3 in many ways was not that good a game in and of itself.

BUT...

We had an awesome group of people who played back then. Some real quality folks. That, for me at least, made 2k3 FragBU the bestest.

Not to say that the 2k4 and UT3 groups weren't good, but there was a great bond in the 2k3 community that was a bit unique. Had to have been a part of it to understand, I guess.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Agreed. We all knew 2k3 wasn't that great, but we had lots of fun with it anyway.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Let's face it, 2k3 in many ways was not that good a game in and of itself.

BUT...

We had an awesome group of people who played back then. Some real quality folks. That, for me at least, made 2k3 FragBU the bestest.

Not to say that the 2k4 and UT3 groups weren't good, but there was a great bond in the 2k3 community that was a bit unique. Had to have been a part of it to understand, I guess.

My local LAN group was the most fun back in the days of UT2k3 as well. That was when it was the most active, and our favorite gametype was Double Domination. Imagine a room full of 20 people screaming at each other to get to the point. :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Good. Does this mean the USA will go back to UT2004 like Europe did 2 weeks after UT3's release? I want UT2004 FBU again!
No, because 2k4 is a terrible game and everyone has moved on to better fun games.