Which GF2 GTS?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EliteWarrior

Mar 14, 2000
Venezuela
Visit site
Hey guys, its been a long time since i last posted here, mainly due to the fact that i stopped playing UT for a while due to some connections problems i've been having (i ping over 500 to everything :( ). Ok so here is my question:

Ok i know the 3 main Geforce 2 cards are the Elsa Gladiac, the Hercules 3D Prophet II, and that Asus card. Which of these cards is the best in terms of speed and stability?

OR should i get one of those new 64mb DDR GF2's that are just arriving?

Thanks for any help given (in advance)

I know this is kinda off topic but this is the board most read and i need an answer kinda fast.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I would get the 64mb version if you are willing to spend the extra money, becuase faster is always better. As far as the different companies cards, I don't know that any one is much better/worse than another. Usually performance is about equal, and the differences are the software/apps and extra features (ex. TV out) that are included. However some companies may use better or cheaper RAM than others.

Blistering_Pants

T2 Junkie
May 14, 2000
VA, USA
I am a big fan of Gforce cards so I've been following the reviews and from what I've seen it looks like the Gladiac is going to provide the best feature and (if you care) the best goodies.
bullet2.gif

flushbobbutton.gif

Goodbye Earth

Mr_Sukebe

May 22, 2000
Visit site
Here's another viewpoint, what size monitor do you have?

At lower resolutions (e.g. 800x600), there's not a lot of difference in performance betweem a GEO256 SDR and a GTS2, but there's a whole lotta difference in cost.
If you expect to be playing in much higher resolutions, e.g. 1280x.. then go with the GTS2 (almost all ref card have similar performance), otherwise, save your dosh for the next upgrade in another 6 months.