SP Framework - Blasted Error!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Endarire

LemInc
Mar 20, 2006
(Updated 4 22 6)
Despite my attempts, I simply can't get the SP Framework to work. UCC Compile doesn't help.

I get
Runtime Error!

Program: (UT2004)

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information
Ideas?

-EE

Last edited:

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
UCC Compile should only be for if you're recompiling the source files. Does CodeBase.u exist in your SPFrame/System folder? If not, you might want to try re-extracting CodeBase.u, as that's where SPGUIController resides.

Other than that, I would also try the patch that IronMonkey linked to, as you also need a patch with working mod support to run it. Hope that helps. :)

Endarire

LemInc
Mar 20, 2006
More errors!

I get
Runtime Error!

Program: (UT2004)

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information
Ideas?

-EE

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
That's very strange. Do you get this when playing normal UT2004 or just when using the framework? That error message hints at something that's not directly related to ut2004 but that could be a piece of software or hardware causing the problem. Do you get the problem when using other mods?

There's one thing you could try. Go into SPFrame/System and see if there are files named SPFrame.ini and SPFrameUser.ini - if they exist, delete them and try launching again.

Finally, you could always try a complete reinstall with just the files that stock ut2004 uses, then update directly to the latest patch. Often the best solution to an error that seemingly has no cause is to reinstall the game from scratch, as you're then starting afresh.