Can't force AA in UT2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
I've installed UT2004 on Windows 7 64-bit via Steam. I've got two 8800 GTX's in SLI. I have been trying to use nHancer (first tried the normal nv control panel to no affect) to turn on anti-aliasing. So far no AA settings I have chosen have had any effect. nHancer does detect the presence of ut2004 when searching for installed games on my computer. I'm wondering if the steam hook into the game is somehow messing up nHancer's detection that UT2004 is actually running?

My current settings (but I've tried lots more configurations as well):

AA: 16xQ,Gamma,TranspSS
AF: 16x
SLI: AFR-3W [0x00400086] (predefined)
HybridSLI: 1 (predefined)

See attached image.
ut2004nhancer.png

I've also attempted to add another entry to the list of executables, with ut2004.exe as the executable and steam.exe as the launcher.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Nope, it is not Steam. Nvidia drivers just simply are not rendering AA in any of the Unreal Series games on Windows 7 64bit.

I tried different driver sets on a GeForce 285 GTX to no avail & I also tried applying the latest DirectX update & it didn't help.

This is an Nvidia driver problem. AA works fine in WindowsXP 64-bit.

I'm not sure what ATI's results are with Windows 7 64-bit. Hopefully, somebody with an ATI card can post here and tell us the results.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Oops, I thought I had the latest driver on this computer but that was a different computer I had installed it on :eek:. I upgraded from 191.07 to 195.62 and AA now works.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Ah-ha, so it was an Nvidia driver problem that was fixed. You got me nervous for a little bit there. Now, I probably won't be reinstalling UT2004 for about 2-3 years when I finally get Win7 64-bit, but it's good to know this info.:)