Custom Sound questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Editor_n00b

Aug 27, 2005
I don't know where else to post this, so I'll just post it here.

I need help with some custom audio I'm recording. Just a few questions.

Question 1: When initially recording a sound, can I just use the Sound Recorder program? Do i need a specific recording program to be compatible with UT2k4?

Question 2: How do I import sounds into Unreal? I know it needs to be a .umx file (or something like that) and then I need to compile it (or something like that), but can I just change the file name to a .umx file (i.e. If I recorded something called noise.wmv, can I rename it to noise.umx to be compatible...after the whole compiling thing?).

Question 3: How do I do the compiling thing? I know I gotta use the UCC thing (or something like that).

Thanks a lot y'all. :)