INF 2.87... When?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
whenitsdone.gif

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Strange reaction from you guys... :rolleyes:

This was a serious question to be answered of those who MIGHT have a clue! I understand there would be hard to give an exact date, but perhaps a rough estimate; One week? One month? ...Three months? Someone in the INF-team ought to have a feeling for this.

Why I wonder?
I'm about to make my UT and CounterStrike-buddies to play INF (I have for for example made a couple of ”easy to install CD's” for INF). Some are already on the way to be "saved" but before I go further I wonder If I should do a tactical halt to wait for the reinforcement; v 2.87...

Z

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
It's okay, it's just that we all want it too. Glad you're here and converting people!

And believe you me, those who do have a clue, won't really know until about a week ahead of time. When they do, they announce it...and the forums go wild. :D

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
:rolleyes: You don't think this has been asked about 3 million times before? People are tired of reading these threads, next time use the search button to see any other threads on this first

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
oh, give zirb a break. He's probably too busy to be bother with some of the stuff in the forum.
As for the release of 2.87, i'm hoping it'll be before Xmas, after all the team had already hinted it'll be pretty soon.

Dangerous10K

Armed and as always Dangerous
Nov 26, 2000
um they said pretty soon the day after 2.86 came out
im starting to think unreal 2 is coming out first

DooMfreak

Feb 16, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Some are already on the way to be "saved" but before I go further I wonder If I should do a tactical halt to wait for the reinforcement; v 2.87...
2.87 will probably be the most ideal version to introduce Infiltration via circulation CD. It will the most complete to date. Make sure to include full map pack, the 2.87 maps, popular third party maps (i.e.: spooger, angelheart, realmaps, etc.), and don't forget about the TbuildT Desert Storm map pack, it is going to be massive.

I recommend preaching Infiltration to everyone. Remember: It's more than just a game, it's a religion.

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
DeRailer: oh, give zirb a break. He's probably too busy to be bother with some of the stuff in the forum.
That's unfortunately(?) how things are...

Anyway... DeRailer and DooMfreak; Thank's for given me serious and mature answers! :tup:

DooMfreak: Me also think it would be best to introduce using 2.87... But a long wait for it is not good, so I think I go on with the 2.86 version...

About the maps: In my package I include all the best maps (in my opinion), and to be honest, not only INF-maps, also some of the best SF-maps. I think the only effective way to get map variation and play all these maps online (I mean LAN now) is to get local buddies into INF... :rolleyes:

Z

Last edited:

DooMfreak

Feb 16, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
DooMfreak: Me also think it would be best to introduce using 2.87... But a long wait for it is not good, so I think I go on with the 2.86 version...
I think 2.87 is well wait the wait. If you go ahead with the 2.86 disc though, be sure to supply them with 2.87 as soon as you can!

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
We can't pin down a date of course. But I can say this. It's not days away. And it's not months away either.

If supplying your friends with a 2.86 CD and then updating them to 2.87 as soon as that comes out is practical, then I'd say go with that plan.