New OpenGL Renderer for Unreal Gold

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Visit site
well i tried it yesterday and it seems to have alot more features which i have no clue what they mean (thus probably unimportant), it also has s3tc texture support, and it has a fix for the masked texture bug.

i also noticed it runs better with radeon cards then the oldunreal one, with the oldunreal i sometimes have corrupt graphics on my 9800 pro, the only downside is that my fps is slightly lower.

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Visit site
after more use of it i discover alot more advantages, it doesnt lagg unlike other renderers (oldunreal ran fine on my geforce but lagged quite alot on my radeon) and i think the menus load faster (probably a pacebo effect ;) )

anyway hyper is correct, i cant seem to connect to any server with this renderer, which is a shame because it runs very smooth with my radeon, anyone know how i can contact the author about this? (i searched the site in a hurry but havent found it)

Last edited:

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Turboman said:
after more use of it i discover alot more advantages, it doesnt lagg unlike other renderers (oldunreal ran fine on my geforce but lagged quite alot on my radeon) and i think the menus load faster (probably a pacebo effect ;) )

anyway hyper is correct, i cant seem to connect to any server with this renderer, which is a shame because it runs very smooth with my radeon, anyone know how i can contact the author about this? (i searched the site in a hurry but havent found it)

I mailed the author, but did not receive a reply yet.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Yeah I tried contacting him a little over two weeks ago and just got a reply today, he said that he hasn't got access to v224 of the game (only UGold) and thus can't test the renderer in that version.

I've tried compiling it for 224 from the source on his site but it'd take me more time to work out the load of small problems it gave me than I have to spend atm.

In my reply I pointed him to this thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Visit site
[Sixpack]-Shambler- said:
Yeah I tried contacting him a little over two weeks ago and just got a reply today, he said that he hasn't got access to v224 of the game (only UGold) and thus can't test the renderer in that version.

I've tried compiling it for 224 from the source on his site but it'd take me more time to work out the load of small problems it gave me than I have to spend atm.

In my reply I pointed him to this thread here.

so eumm has he said he will fix the network crash error?

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
On another note, since I was messing with this guys OpenGL stuff (sofar without any further success) I started messing with the existing OpenGL package that came with the source and since there is a lack of 225 source I managed to do a few tricks to get the ORIGINAL OpenGL code to compile and work (to some degree) in 225 ;)

There are some (fixable) problems but this would mean the OpenGL drivers may soon not be limited to 224 and 226/gold :) (Smirftsch gave me his OpenGL source a while ago so I make take a look at that too, I'll ask if he can take a look at sorting some of the problems I've had with it aswell)

Last edited by a moderator: