whatcha do'in?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I just wanted to know how much you've got'n around to completing? And what your working on know? How much longer do i wait for 3.0? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Depending on how much is done, would you consider releasing before 3.0? ( i doubt it but i gota ask )

Perhaps with some of newer weapon models, like the m16, or mp5.

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
We'd have to be fortune tellers. I'm not even sure if any single piece of 3.0 are finished yet, we are however working on a lot and making progress daily. There are even getting new things in the UT code every now and then so the picture are very unclear.
You can expect us to release fixes, a few shots and demoes could also turn up along the road.
Remember we're not just porting Infiltration, it's like reinventing it!

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
A lot has been done. I will say that all the weapon models but the SMGII are finished- most just need textures. We have a player model finished and a texture coming soon. I will be starting to animate the new weapons this week (new hand model almost finished texturing). Catalyst has made huge leaps into the new GUI interface- looking real good too. Loadout menu almost done. Beppo is still hacking at the online code, and the latest betas are very promising. Level designers are working on some awesome levels. Sounds are cool, but the Unreal sound engine makes me sick. No new weapons or anything for the next release of 2.7x- this is just to fix the online code- which is a chore at best. As soon as we get some of the new weapons in game with the new animations, I'll be posting a ton of screenshots- should include the new player model soon too.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

Warren

Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
I consider my modeling skills 1000% better than the Infiltration of old, and creating models for UT isn't hard. But you have other factors too. The model has to be good quality, then so does the texture, and the animation, and then you have to tweak it so it looks good in the game, and then it needs the proper code. Early Infiltration was basically getting used to the whole process, fooling around to see what we could accomplish, etc. Now that we know our potential, and now that we know what UT can do, we can put forth the effort to create good quality art and animation along with the great programming- then you got the sounds and supported levels, etc. We do have plans that I haven't eluded to yet, but will as soon as the online fixes are done.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n

Then check out our FAQ.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
awww. that's ok... no one really uses the SMGII anyhow.
sarcblink.gif
It's only neat feature is the ability to fire super & sub sonic rounds as far as i know.

mmm me drools at the thought of screen shots.

Question: Will it be possible to skin INF's weapons at a future date.. Me's just itchin to order T.M's newly re-released H&K Mp5 A4 just so i can get some photo quality textures. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://www.airsoftzone.com/gun_database.cfm

[This message has been edited by DEFkon (edited 03-08-2000).]

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
well, good response, but actually I was talking about in general. There are a trillion skinners out there, but there has yet to be one (literally one, aside from those REALLY SCREWED UP QUAKE 2 CONVERSIONS WHERE YOU CAN'T SEE THE GUN!!!!) independant (as in not a part of a larger mod) 3rd party player model for UT & I was wondering why.

I got confused between weapon models and player models. Sorry!

Warren

Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
Oh! I gotcha. Well player models are actually, depending on what they do, more complex than weapons. Our characters will do extra things like shoulder your weapon, lie prone, realistic damage reactions, etc. To do a new character model, you need to do all of the above, but a lot more so. The code support for characters has to be much more indepth than a weapon. I think as time goes on, you'll be seeing a lot more characters come out. There aren't a lot of support tools for Unreal like there is for Quake either, which I hope changes.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n

Then check out our FAQ.