Sniper Rifle in U2: UT's or Unreal's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What sniper rifle do YOU want?

• Unreal 1 rifle - one shot, one kill

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • UT sniper rifle - I like M16s with scopes

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Some new sniper rifle

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • What's a sniper rifle?

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
I would hope they come up with some new variation (like hold the button longer for a more powerful hit). Is Unreal's really stronger? Seems about the same to me. The scope in UT is nice.
Maybe a more realistic sniper rifle, ala Serpentine, with actual bullets and distance.

WildfireX

Mar 10, 2001
Visit site
Yeah, Unreal's was waaaaaay stronger. One bullet usually resulted in a 50-80 health loss, and head shots were always instant kill. Serpentine's rifle was a good idea, but keep in mind that this is Unreal 2, not Counter-Camp 2.

[KMA]LazyMapper

Not Cliffy B
May 27, 2001
In Bed
I don't know if you have read the unreal booklet, but the unreal rifle was supposed to be like the na pali CAR. You even god the fire type in the unreal packages...
It would be cool to have all the cool na pali marines and stuff like that, that would be cool

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
concept1.jpg

We know the look is going to be different, and personally I'd like to see something new for the Sniper Rifle.

Roguefryfry|BuF

Sup_W{TSU}
Feb 28, 2000
Visit site
This is what I'd like to see,Sniper rifle with a faster zoom and maybe somewhat like a monitor screen like you might have seen the US Rangers using for urban warfare,it could also us infered to pick up targets faster. The other change would be that it would use rapid fire when the trigger is held,but I think they'd have to make it less accurate fire the rapid fire just to make it more fair.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
i think that a new sniper rifle would be best, less powerfull, but put in the laser targetting. limit the range though, and make it weaker at longer range

~Angua~

Satanic
Sep 28, 2000
Darkness
Visit site
Limit the range of a sniper rifle? Kinda defeats the whole point of the gun wouldnt you say.

I'd say it would be better if the fire rate was slower than UT's, kinda like the rail gun in Q3A. So you actually aim rather than hold down the fire button.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Okay, how about a slow fire, Infinite range sniper rifle like Unreal's, but with an infrared target scope and sight beam, so you can see opponents and aim in the dark, but they can't see where its coming from (unless they have IR goggles too).

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
I want the unreal2 sniper rifle to be able to shoot much further (with these outdoor environments) and yes the UT or unreal1 sniper rifle has a distance limit.

Also make it fire slower.

I was also thinking about a scope with build-in heat sensor, NVG and distance-meter.

One more cool thing would be if it had bullets (so it's not a direct hit weapon, but the bullets going so fast that it's almost a direct hit weapon) I don't want this for more realism or anything (keep that in OPF), but I want it because then you can finally shoot through WarpZones with directhit weapons!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.