UED vs Radiant

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RA Bitch

Mar 6, 2000
Visit site
Man, anyone else try to build with Radiant right after they used UED? Its completely different.... Makes me realize just how easy and how good of an editor UED is.

Da_Mack-aroni

Mar 6, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
Well...seeing as how UEd confuses the hell out of me and I have no idea what Radiant is, I guess that I am in for a world of hurt if I wanna try and make maps, huh?

Can anyone suggest any tutorials for me to read??

Thanks!!

bullet2.gif

Da_Mack-aroni
Fear the wrath of my noodles!!!

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Hey no cracking on Qeradiant or Q3radiant! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I came from that editor a couple years back and I still remember it. Only thing I don't know is the new shaders which I haven't gotten a chance to try cause I don't have Q3.

RA Bitch

Mar 6, 2000
Visit site
yeah, I've used Quole... that's back when I used to use worldcraft. UED is a breath of fresh air after dealing with the nightmare of those two editors.

FatAsss

Jan 26, 2000
Visit site
all the editors i've used have been really easy-
quake 1 editor(i forgot the name)
wolfedit(wolf3d editor!!!!!)
marathon editor(forgot the name aswell)

the quake 1 editor i used was quite good and about the same as Unrealed, except the hollowing out of brushes was backwards from unrealed, and the playerstarts in that quake1 editor actually showed you how tall the player would be

Mierin Eronaile

Mar 7, 2000
If you were lucky enough to get UnrealEd to run, would you mind telling me how?
I'm desperate here!!!
ahem..yeah.

Da_Mack-aroni

Mar 6, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
Well, I had probs with my UEd too...
Tried everything. The fix, VBasic, RichText.
I even reinstalled the game 3 times. What finally did it for me was that I only patched UT up to 402 and not 405. Has worked fine, since.

BTW...thanks for the tip purice.

bullet2.gif

Da_Mack-aroni

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I'm still baffled at all these errors people get trying to run UnrealEd.

I recently installed a copy of UT on my little bro's PC so that he could use mine and I could keep editing (yep I've got no life /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif ) and all I did was install the game, run the 2nd CD's setup. Then run the UnrealEdInstaller on the harddrive and tell it to install to C:\UnrealTournament and it ran fine. Nothing else was installed (no VbRun60.exe, RichText fix, etc). It even ran fine after I installed the 405 patch.

Only thing I can think of that might hinder the install is the Windows/System folder is write protected, the Registry is being blocked out by certain apps, possibly running WinNT (reason for the write protections?), or UnrealEd was installed into the wrong place.

Da_Mack-aroni

Mar 6, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
Thanks a lot, Jenkins.

Kinda baffled by UnrealEd. But then again, I dont have much experience programming or anything, either. Guess that is why I am gonna go to school for it, heh heh. Just so I might understand this stuff better. Well, ok, and to make more money than I do now at something that I really want to do, but that is beside the point, damnit!! I wanna make stuff for this game. :p

Thanks for the tip.

bullet2.gif

Da_Mack-aroni