Will this slow the game down?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
This image should help me explain.... see all those polygons? they're not subtracting out of anything (anymore). Are they slowing the game down, or can I just leave them there.

Last edited by a moderator:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
every visible poly will slow down the game and it doesn't matter if it's from a substracted or added brush

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I'm no mapper (as you well know), but won't it run as well as the amount of polys you have on screen at once? In your pic it said you were looking at 180, so can't you just go by that?

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
reaper: they're not visible polys anymore, they've been subtracted away...

I'll just go with the 180, it runs perfectly fast.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Well, if the brush isn't subtracting from anything anymore, why not remove it? It might count towards node count which is also important for performance.