I won a tournament!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
So there is a big LAN event at the college I go to, and one of the games they were holding a tournament for was UT3. I decided to register, got in just at the nick of time, and ended up getting 1st place, a T-shirt, an inflatable Mario hammer, a copy of Unreal Gold (already had every Unreal game though :hmm:), and a poster :D

Honestly I seemed to be the only person there (maybe two other people) who knew the maps and knew to whore out powerups. And there wasn't anyone there that could possibly compete with JD, Zer0, Hal, etc. There apparently is one person on campus who usually wins these things by a large margin but he wasn't there. So I is winnar!

First match I won with a score of 9 to -1 :eek:

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I played in a college lan once. It was so fun being able to hear my room mate yelling at me how he can't kill me. One of the matches in 2k4 on Compressed ended up as 57 - -2 or something. :crysmile:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
'grats

I've been playing this game since 2001 and have never played a LAN tourney :(
Let alone win a Mario Hammer for one :hmm:

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
First off, UBerserker I wish there was online play for Guilty Gear XX because your avatar is rockin.

Second off, the inflatable Mario hammer is indeed awesome. I'll post of pic of it eventually. Maybe. I'm lazy.

JD, I pity the college LAN tourney that receives you as its punishment.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
First off, UBerserker I wish there was online play for Guilty Gear XX because your avatar is rockin.

Offtopic: The PC version of XXReload has unofficial online play but with all of those Japanese players I don't want even try D:

Madmenyo

Apr 12, 2009
Grats!

Years ago i went to a big youth festival and Quake 2 was being played there. I was into counterstrike but had a lot of Quake 1 experience. The winner of each rounnd went to the final at the end of the day to win a complete PC gaming system. I won with 100 frags and 0 deads or something (had to configure/bind keys in like a couple of minutes). Then in the final there was a semi pro from my own school who was totaly into quake 2..... it was close but what are the chances? everyone sucked and i just could not win the guy from my school :(.

Razorjack

Lone Walker
Dec 18, 2008
The Netherlands
Good job, great to see UT3 is still being played at lan events!
Last year in early March, when this game was still pretty alive, I also participated in an UT3 competition and ended third. Too bad they only played (imo) crappy maps such as Sanctuary, Defiance and Deck :-( If only Morbias was released back then, I would have shown them!!

Didn't get any prize, the guy who ended first got a cool grey t-shirt with the UT3 artwork, and a Razer mousepad.

«àvell

Mar 3, 2009
Auburn, AL
So there is a big LAN event at the college I go to, and one of the games they were holding a tournament for was UT3. I decided to register, got in just at the nick of time, and ended up getting 1st place, a T-shirt, an inflatable Mario hammer, a copy of Unreal Gold (already had every Unreal game though :hmm:), and a poster :D

Honestly I seemed to be the only person there (maybe two other people) who knew the maps and knew to whore out powerups. And there wasn't anyone there that could possibly compete with JD, Zer0, Hal, etc. There apparently is one person on campus who usually wins these things by a large margin but he wasn't there. So I is winnar!

First match I won with a score of 9 to -1 :eek:

which college was this? the college i live by just had there semi-annual lan