IG officially announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Maybe they should let you search the level for ammo, instead of having infinite ammo for the gun? Think of it :)
There's this similar mutator for Ut if i'm not mistaking. You can find it on modsquad.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Bah IG! Too many perfectly good servers ruined with a bad mutator.
"Mhhh cool ping", /me joins, " Damn not IG"

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
well if the server name has got ig or gib in it, at least i know its an ig server, but its really annoying when you're just looking for a pub server and you end up with ig :/

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm glad to see it included (though it probably would have been a no-brainer mod had it not) because so many people enjoy playing it.

LK: I'm sure you won't see so many IG servers for UT2. Probably one of the reasons so many people play it now is just for a change from "regular weapons".

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Originally posted by Wowbagger
...its very good for getting your movement and aiming into shape.

Very true. I played IG online almost exclusively for the first few months of my UT career and I think it was a really good way to start out.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
That would make sense.

When I have played instagib online, there has typically been some really popular area that everybody tacitly agrreees will be the arena.

And they fire at random. can get quite embarrasing.

A bit like holding the St Valentines Say Massacre in a telephone booth.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
IG is useless for learning movement, as you have to move totally differently with normal weapons. Its only for aiming, and loets face it half of that is ping :eek:

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by hal
Probably one of the reasons so many people play it now is just for a change from "regular weapons".
Towards the end of my UT "career" I played a lot of IG, mostly because I was fed up with the spam and the tele-zapping in regular weapons UT CTF.

Originally posted by LordKhaine
IG is useless for learning movement, as you have to move totally differently with normal weapons.
Disagreed. You may be right for a DMer. But for a CTFer playing InstaGib is a very good way to learn and practice dodging. In regular weapon CTF most mid-level players concentrate on moving around with the TL and forget about dodging. But to become top-level you must learn to dodge. Playing IG is great for that! The best dodgers I've seen are all IG players.

eRacer

Driving for a Living
Nov 26, 2001
MN
Visit site
L, you're right and wrong

sure, you learn to dodge with IG, but you don't learn to dodge splash damage AT ALL.

take an IG player and put him in a weapons game, he'll get smoked... trust me, I'm in both IG and weapons clans.. any time I talk an IG player into playing some weapons the same thing happens, they get out of the way of shots, but take the splash damage anyways.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Well i guess that depends on how much you play of each gametype. When i said it was good for getting in shape (aiming dodging etc) i did it from my point of view 95% Weapon CTF and 5% IG CTF. I do know to be aware of the splash :) (dont give me that look TL ;))