Recommend a bargain-bin game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
i updated my list :) i assume you mean serious sam... you're missing out on a lot of really fun co-op games if ya skip it, but oh well. deus ex has oodles of good gameplay and story, but is kind of lax on the atmosphere. undying/system shock 2 have loads :) i'd recommend you get system shock 2 first, though, since it's a better over-all experience. undying gets some points, though, for the spiffiness of its locations :)

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
FY: I think I have that already :) As well as Unreal 1.

*edit* I have a bud who swears by Deus Ex as well as SS2. I'm leaning more towards SS2 because the demo scared the living hairless monkies out of me.

Last edited:

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Thrash, you should have all the games in that list.

C&C is in the bargain bin, Max Payne is, Soldier of Fortune, Need for Speed, midtown madness, Alien vs Predator, Anachronox, diablo, dune 2000, dungeon keeper, GTA 1 + 2, Half-life, No-one lives forever, Oni, Quake 1 2 +3, RTC Wolfenstein, Shogun TW, Sim City, Voyager Elite Force, House of the Dead 2, Tomb Raider, Tribes 2, Unreal, Worms World Party, Z Steel Soldiers....

All good games, all budget.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
another soul reaver 1 & 2 fan? :eek: i thought i was the only one :D i wouldn't suggest you get soul reaver 2 first unless you want to be horribly confused. both have very nice effects, fighting system, very good puzzles, and the second has some beautiful level design. oh and neither have level loading screens. it's completely seamless between the different areas. not even a pause or glitch.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Ones I've got in your list TossMonkey: CnC, Max Payne, SoF, NfS, Diablo, GTA 1 (free), Halflife, Quake 1, and Unreal.
Ones I'm not interested in: Midtown madness, AvP, Anachronox, dune 200, dungeon keeper, GTA 2, NoLF, Oni, Shogun TW, Sim City, VEF, HotD2, Tomb Raider, Tribes 2, Worms, Z Steel Soldiers.

So, that pretty much just leaves Quake 2 and 3, and RTC Wolfenstein. I'll add those to the list to look for (I can only get one, however).

Gonna leave in about 10 minutes.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Omg... why aren't you interested in NOLF 2??

That's easily one of the best shooters of all time.

I didn't see anyone mention Serious Sam 2. If you've never played that, I highly recommend picking it up ($8.00 - WalMart) if you even remotely enjoy first person shooter games.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Sam_The_Man said:
Sacrifice.

The original is better in every respect, and is cheaper.

Actually they are the same price at the stores I visit. Either 19.99 or 14.99.

NOLF 2 introduced the hide system and allowed you to search the bodies. Both of which introduced a lot of strategy to the game. Not to mention the power up for finding intelligence which changes the way the game plays towards the end. Then you have the little branching levels and far superior humor.

Not to mention NOLF2 looks much, much better. I prefer NOLF 2 in every way. :)