Infiltration Night - Part Deux

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Here we go again. Yet another fun and exciting night of all out war is in the making and you are all invited. The date is set to Saturday, 25th of June. People from both dev team and beta team will be there. A Teamspeak server will be made available to those willing and able to use it. Half of the fun is actually participating in the madness going on there. Even if you don't have a microphone, try connecting and just listen in. The IP adress to the server will be made available soonish.

What is not decided yet is if we play on a US or Euro server. The same thing goes for the exact time. However, my guess is that we start around the same time as last time. Stay tuned for more info on that though.

The map rotation will be made up of mostly team made maps with a few custom made maps to fill in the gaps. Mutators will probably not be as plentiful as usually seen on the public servers. However, the Mod team's weapon pack will certainly be enabeled. If you have any special requests for maps or mutators, now is the time to speak up. I can't promise they will be added to the list, but they will at least be considered.

I'll keep updating this thread as more info becomes available.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I did a small survey among the team and beta members and as it turns out, Saturday 25th is the day that causes the least problems. I opted for Saturday 18th at first, but that wasn't doable.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Hmm, there is a chance I'll be on a roadtrip in June so I'm not sure. A good, fun game of INF sounds great though. I'll try to make it I guess.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Feel free to organize something. I'm not doing it. The reason is that I can't stand that sorry excuse for a game. Hell, I'll play UT2004 before I'll play CS:S. At least it doesn't pretend to be something it's not. And it can actually be fun at times with the right people. But that's a whole different debate for a whole different thread.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Allrighty, I guess the time needs to be settled on, so I've setteled on 21.00 GMT. For reference, east coast US is GMT -5, Midwest US is GMT -6 and west coast US is GMT -7. In other words. if you are in the US, on the westcoast, it would be 2 in the afternoon, your time.

The timezone-thingy can be a real hazzle. Last time we had a hard time figuring out when we actually we supposed to play, adjusting for summer time and all that crap. Someone please correct me if I got all this wrong.

There's an offer on the table for not only one server, but two. One based in the US, the other one in Europe. My suggestion is that we start out on one of them (Odie's server, maybe?) and letting things spill over to the other if it gets too crowded on the primary server. Most euro's will have a ping between 180-250 on any US server, which can be a lot, but I still say it's fully playable given the relatively slow pace of the game. Feel free to disagree, though :)Details on the Teamspeak server will follow shortly.

So, to sum up what we have so far :

We play on Saturday, June 25th at 21.00 GMT. Two servers will be made available, one in the US, the other in Europe. A Teamspeak server will be up and running. More details on that will follow. (Odie's server for those who have been there before). Teamspeak software can be downloaded from http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php.

The current list of maps to go into the server's rotation looks like this :
  • ArabOutpost
  • Avignon
  • Bocage
  • BorderTown
  • Dullrocks][
  • Iraq
  • Island
  • LondonWentham
  • Mostar
  • PankisiGorge
  • Raid
  • Refinery
  • RtK (still love that map, maybe ironsight only)
  • Ruin
  • Skopje (_EX?)
  • Stalingrad
  • Tuscany
Go to www.combatmaps.de if you need any of these maps. Allthough downloading them directly off the server is possible, it will be quicker to get them there. Note that the list might change somewhat before the event. Some smaller maps might be removed and replaced with larger ones.

Also make sure that you have the latest Infiltration Mod Team weapon pack, which also can be downloaded from Combatmaps. In addition to that, you might also want to grab a mutator pack. An excellent such pack can be found at http://ghostdogs.net/modules.php?name=CmodsDownload&req=viewdownload&cid=6&orderby=dateD.

I guess that's about it for now. Drop by this thread a few times during the coming week for additional updates.

Hope to see you all on the 25th.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
EAS only i'm afraid? Why not set the server up to switch gamemodes, some EAS maps, some DTAS maps..
And while we're at it, limit Taques loadout to allow only one 40mm per round.
kthxcuallandtaquedie2uplzkthxnpgg