TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Spies are easy to spot and kill. The most obvious clue is the fact that you can't pass trough him, you shot or melee him for humiliation. Also, if one of your allies take cover when you shot him, that's a spy. And it's lol'able. If there's a bunch of your teammates in one spot with sentries and all that stuff, I recomend you use a scout and run around, you may often collide with some allies, just shot them and get a kill. I did that really often. Oh and the pyro is a spy killer. If you're playing spy, avoid them.

I got to resist some enemy fire when I played spy, I didn't move when the engineer shot me, so he went away thinking I was one of them, and I just killed him. He must have been upset.

Yeah that video is kick ass. Reminds me of the game I had yesterday in CTF_well. I played as a spy disguised in Heavy, I was injured and called for medic support. The medic healed me. Then I just killed the medic and heavy standing in front of me, and ran away.

Kinda priceless.

I can confirm TM's word on the engineer's wrench being a pain for spies lol. Also another good thing to do when engineer, is to jump over your sentry when it got sapped, that way your chances of getting killed are really slim, and by the time you repaired your sentry, I don't think he'll want to get his colt out and shot.

Wait, so if you're in disguise and you call for medic, you call the enemy medic? That's awesome :D

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Well first, I like this game alot but it needs more servers running mulitple maps. Seems since I took a break and came back to it theres alot more 2fort only servers, its not a bad map but I much prefer dustbowl I think it is.

This is the one area Im alittle dissapointed, CTF-Well is a nice little mod of the original its just a shame they didnt keep the trains. Im happy with orange box though, for the price I got many many hours Ive spent around 40 in TF2 all up I think.

Just how many games have you played where heavies are dominating the map? I have yet to see this in my 40 something hours of playing. Heavies are absolutely useless at any kind of range, and they are very, VERY easy to pick off with a good soldier, sniper, spy, or even a demoman. And considering that pubs usually have more than one soldier per team, it would be a good idea to communicate to them and get dual rocket launcher attacks against any incoming medic/heavy combos.

If you go on the steam forums, you will notice that there are virtually no complaints against heavies being overpowered. The main complaint you will see there is soldiers getting critical rockets.

Its not so much the heavies are overpowered in the medic/heavy combo, its the way heavies are used on the maps and the tactics associated. For eg, its not uncommon on 2fort to get a heavy medic combo upstairs, near the battlements, next to the spawn to distract the enemy while the team goes for a capture. The same could be said about dustbowl and demomen!

This is one problem I have with alot of games these days though is that its common for capture points to be on or far to close to spawns (TF2 or BF2 for eg). While theres an enemy pinning you down theres not much to the tactics you can use to defeat them, you know since you are being spawn camped by design. I put that more down to a problem amongst the maps but it is seen often enough to call a gameplay breaking feature.

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Medic is a good class hey, if not just for the healing but their needlegun is rather good and also the bonesaw which some people rip it up with :)

My favs are soldier and pyro I rekon, heavy is my least played :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yep.

Yeah, you get an achievement for getting healed by an enemy medic. :)

masterofdisguisess6.png

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
You guys who are complaining about 'spammy' game play need to find a better server.

You oldtimers may remember the MyUnreal guys. There is a MyUnreal server going that I'm a regular on. It's great playing and seeing all the old names out and about again. If you're online playing, that server gets my highest recommendation. Here is the server location if you're interested in killing my sorry old ass :)

Make sure you add a |BuF after your name for old times sake.

This game's got quite a few of the old ]LoL[ crew together and playing a FPS again.

I also like UT3, but all the old timers playing TF2 got me hooked. And yes, I've FINALLY kicked the daoc habit and have let my account expire.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
As an engineer, I usually like to make a dispenser/turret combo with a tiny space inbetween them. What I'll do is crouch behind the turret so I don't die if a heavy/soldier come shooting at me. At the same time I repair the turret like a madman and hope I don't run out of metal before they die.

When it comes to spies, I try to remove the sappers from my turret first, then whack them with my wrench. It usually takes 2 hits to kill a spy. I also try to keep my back to the wall where possible to avoid getting backstabbed.

Here's the spray I made up. It reeks of guild pride :)

Attachments

• Lionlick.gif
    Lionlick.gif
    54 KB · Views: 14

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
This is the one area Im alittle dissapointed, CTF-Well is a nice little mod of the original its just a shame they didnt keep the trains. Im happy with orange box though, for the price I got many many hours Ive spent around 40 in TF2 all up I think.

They did keep the trains. I nearly got run over by one whilst playing last night.

After getting back into the game I remember that playing as the Pyro is extremely fun when everything clicks. Flamethrowing sneak attacks are priceless :)

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Everyone who plays it is way better than I am, no matter what class I go I get horribly slaughtered, and most players take it way to seriously and tend to be rude to others.

Looks good, but.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
As an engineer, I usually like to make a dispenser/turret combo with a tiny space inbetween them. What I'll do is crouch behind the turret so I don't die if a heavy/soldier come shooting at me. At the same time I repair the turret like a madman and hope I don't run out of metal before they die.

When it comes to spies, I try to remove the sappers from my turret first, then whack them with my wrench. It usually takes 2 hits to kill a spy. I also try to keep my back to the wall where possible to avoid getting backstabbed.

Here's the spray I made up. It reeks of guild pride :)

I try to build a dispenser and let it charge while I go back to get more metal from one of the spawnrooms. Then I build a turret and usually the dispenser has so much metal I can fully upgrade the turret at once and still have 200 metal after that.

Last edited:

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I try to build a dispenser and let it charge while I go back to get more metal from one of the spawnrooms. Then I build a turret and usually the dispenser has so much metal I can fully upgrade the turret at once ans still have 200 metal after that.

That's definitely the way to do it if you can. It depends on the turret location and the map, whether or not you're near a spawn room or metal supplies. I also watch for dead people so I can run over their weapons and get metal that way. It's risky though, since a guy just died there you could get shot...

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Seen it, watched it, played it (for 10 min online).
Somehow botched my profile to only show stats from the first couple class test servers I made myself.

It just doesn't feel fun. Besides the style, there's nothing making me Want to play it.
There's really no play of strength here either. everything's pretty much WYSIWYG classes without nades and the more fun secondaries the classes had in the old days. No surprises, either.

And sadly, that's also how to make a game less fun. By nerfing everything Too much.

The teleporter pads are nice, though if mostly serving as a "fix" to defender-unfriendly mapping.

Last edited: