Strike Force 2004 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Strike Force 2004 has been released (245 MB). You can view screenshots of this UT2004 mod at the SF website.
The full file is 245MB and includes one of our three game types and two maps for this game type (TeamDM). The team decided only to release one game type and two maps at this time so the community can play test and report current bug problems. We will then fix the bug issues and release patches to fix those problems. More game types and maps will be released in the future.

Bania

Jun 12, 2004
Almost as time wasting as you typing that comment about your gay waist ;)

Hippie

Aug 9, 2004
It wasnt that bad. Its 2 maps and TDM. The weapon models and player models are nice, the maps are nice, the game play is like frag ops just a little slower paced.

SuperDre

May 6, 2002
Helmond.nl
www.superteam.tk
Could have been so great, but i don't like some stuff about it.. The map switching after a round is done, the long 'winner' screen.
Never really played Strike force on the ut99 engine, so I can't compare it to that.. But it looks great.. Now only if it had an arcade gamemode ;)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I hope the weapons feel better than the UT'99-versions ever did this time.
The screenshots of the maps look great, altough that's to be expected for any UT2kx-map ...

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
The two maps included are some of the best I've ever seen on this engine, maybe not played but seen.

Personally I like the weapons, though the equip animations are two long (why cock a baretta twice?) and I preffered the classic loadout selection to this "light, medium, heavy" choice you're given.

I still miss proning.

M

moredsfg

JaFO said:
I hope the weapons feel better than the UT'99-versions ever did this time.
The screenshots of the maps look great, altough that's to be expected for any UT2kx-map ...

the weapon feeling was perfect...

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
moredsfg said:
the weapon feeling was perfect...
Perhaps if you like CS-style arcade weapons it was.
IMNSHO the artificial limited rate of fire and use of a crosshair were the most annoying 'features'.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I was pleasantly surprised... not as fast paced as F.O. (which in my opinion looks silly and feels unrealistic [the fast pace that is]) and as Caravaggio said, the maps in the demo look real nice.
The models are also prettier than in SAS and if I remember correctly, nicer than F.O.'s too.
I don't think it's trying to be UT (fast paced) with 'real weapons' which is what AUT is and Hackers should be - and where you should go/look if you want that type of thing. So if you are looking for a more realistic approach this is the best yet imho.
[gotta agree with Jafo - dont like that dot cross hair one bit. Often gets lost in the scenery and a prone function would be very cool indeed]

Last edited:

MozTS

Us And Them
Sep 12, 2004
I was holding out for Infiltration on UT next gen tech, but it seems just a dream now.