FragBU Euro?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
I've noticed reading through some threads that alot of Euro players would play at a FragBU event if it weren't for the bad ping.

If there was enough interest and support behind it I'd be happy to set up a server for a Euro Server (probably based in the UK). The problem is the price.

As everyone knows, servers cost money to run and maintain. I could set up a PC at home, but the upload speed of around 1mbps would probably make playing worse after a couple of players joined.

I do have a little machine at home I could look in to setting up a UT3DS server for this Friday night as a little test run, someone else might have to provide a TS server if we want to have the fun and frolics like the US guys do.

Is there enough interest for this Friday/Saturday?

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
the high ping doesn't bother me. when I joined last weekend, I had like 150.
the problem is my availability and the time at which it starts.
have it advertised in #fragbu or even on the front page, put some time at which it starts (so I don't have to wait 3 hours for it, to leave and have it start just after).

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
the idea will be having it around for 6pm GMT onwards. As I said I've got a little PC I can set up and see how it performs on my connection at home with 10 or so players.

But if we want a decent server it'll cost and I'm not sure I want to venture out for a server if there isn't the interest.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Ah, didn't even know. To start with I'm not actually going to fork out any money on the server as I already have a machine at home I can use as a server so it'll be a test run to get things going.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Yea i tried to bring this to life again but only one showed up, and that was while i was afk trying to get more to join :D

TBH, last time half the players were from Clanbase since i had a hard time to fill the server.

If you do this Hunter ill try and be there (and maybe one or two from FCE2)

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
I should hopefully have it all up and running around 8pm GMT all going to plan, though it'll only have stock stuff and possible the HOLP Map Pack.

Are there any other maps I should get on there?

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Bazzwanos two maps would be nice :)
I can only show up late if at all this weekend.

Edit: Some names would be helpful i guess :)
CTF-Dreary and CTF-Safeguard

Last edited: