Breaking Bad

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
well you know they're basically setting up Walt to be the lone Kingpin.

he's gotta be able to protect his empire now that he's consolidated it.
heavy firepower should be mandatory this season.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
The best thing is that none of us can really even fathom a guess about what crazy shit is about to happen.

i cannot fucking wait!

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
the teasers are up and running.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AGZicnEO0U[/m]

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVNk5qGEAt4[/m]

there's also this tweet from Aaron Paul:
Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8
The final season of Breaking Bad will in fact be a BLOOD bath.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
As much as i hate Skyler, i kinda have to agree with her there...

CAN'T WAIT!

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
new trailer (official)

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eqab4-G1Ac[/m]

new trailer (made by those Japanese animators who spoof American stuff)

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSIWDjX--Fo[/m]

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
well Breaking Bad is arguably the best network TV show ever made.

amongst a cesspool of cop dramas, law dramas, cop sitcoms, law sitcoms, hospital dramas, hospital sitcoms, and the endless string of family sitcoms starring B-list standup comedians... Breaking Bad has truly broken new ground. to be perfectly honest, I don't recall ever being so compelled by the characters or story on a TV series that wasn't exclusively on HBO or Showtime.

aside from live sports and Comedy Central, I could easily live without any network television station. it's 99% trash. but now I couldn't live without seeing Breaking Bad. I wish more producers would believe in trying out such bold formats. just try something new.
you know the moment you get an idea for ANOTHER CSI spinoff?
fuck it. try something new.

Mad Men is a good example. but these kinds of shows are still way too few and far between on basic cable. and people are like "hey that's because Americans are dumb, all they want is trash on TV, so we give it to them." but I dunno, I think the average couch potato could handle and appreciate quality if the networks were more willing to serve it up.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
well Breaking Bad is arguably the best network TV show ever made.

amongst a cesspool of cop dramas, law dramas, cop sitcoms, law sitcoms, hospital dramas, hospital sitcoms, and the endless string of family sitcoms starring B-list standup comedians... Breaking Bad has truly broken new ground. to be perfectly honest, I don't recall ever being so compelled by the characters or story on a TV series that wasn't exclusively on HBO or Showtime.

aside from live sports and Comedy Central, I could easily live without any network television station. it's 99% trash. but now I couldn't live without seeing Breaking Bad. I wish more producers would believe in trying out such bold formats. just try something new.
you know the moment you get an idea for ANOTHER CSI spinoff?
fuck it. try something new.

Mad Men is a good example. but these kinds of shows are still way too few and far between on basic cable. and people are like "hey that's because Americans are dumb, all they want is trash on TV, so we give it to them." but I dunno, I think the average couch potato could handle and appreciate quality if the networks were more willing to serve it up.

I also recommend Justified. It's far from Breaking Bad, but it's also one of my favorites in this (to use your word) cesspool of network programming.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004

Nah, it's because Americans are so fat and lazy they will watch anything as long as they can sit and do nothing. AMC shows still have poor ratings compared to their actual quality because you can more easily be fat and lazy with a cheap OTA antenna instead of a cable subscription.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Yup, that magnet plan was dumb.

Or at least it seems dumb and unreliable. Especially through a 2 foot metal wall or whatever he said.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Yeah it was a little farfetched. But then again Walt also blew up a room with a tiny crystal.

Still loved it. So is this season going to build up to the opening sequence that we saw? So weird to see Walt like that, he looked so different!

Also notice how the cop walked in during the magnet scene and his radio (containing magnets itself) didn't get ripped off his chest, or even move. This is after the junkyard owner makes it a point that anything metal on you and you're screwed.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwVDDxoKBk4[/M]

Last edited:

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Man, every ep so far has been fantastic!

But what the hell was Skyler thinking when she took Junior's bacon?!? Breakfast is his whole freaking thing!

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
am I the only one who thinks that Skyler is going to kill (or arrange for the killing of) Walt by the end of the show?

he keeps saying things to her like "What we do, we do in the name of good." or something. and then he says stuff like "And what's a better reason than family?" or maybe it was "And there's no better reason than family." and Sky is acting so weird lately.
I'm pretty sure that Walt is planting the seeds of betrayal in Skyler's mind.

she's going to get rid of Walt in the name good, to protect herself and her family.
...it's either that or Walt Jr is going to end up dead in a car accident after flipping that new Challenger of his. Skyler will freak out, take the little girl, and leave Walt without telling him where she's going.

and then he turns into fucking Scarface.

800px-5x1_M60.png

where is everybody?
the new season is 4 episodes in and only Skold seems to care now.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I'm here!

Loving the new season so far. I feel like it's building up to something terrible. Well, pretty much every season does, but this one especially! Walt and/or Skylar are dead. Maybe Hank too. We'll see.

I have a feeling that the machine gun is not what it seems. It's like they want us to think that Walt is going to go Scarface and shoot everyone up, but I think they're going to take it in another direction. The Scarface route seems too obvious.

Love the ticking clock at the end of the last episode. Only a matter of time before Walt snaps!

Also, Mike is such a badass! Loved his deadpan delivery of "OK, she's dead." :lol: